Sponsored by:

Group Buy on Revolution 4-Post Lifts

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 11:38 PM
x-autoproducts
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Group Buy on Revolution 4-Post Lifts

X-Auto Products having its 2nd annual Summer Sale on the Revolution 4-Post Lift by Rotary. Rotary is the world leader in commercial & industrial automotive lifts. No one builds a stronger, safer and more durable lift for the automotive enthusiast. If you've been wanting a lift for your garage, then now is the time to consider placing an order.

NO OTHER LIFT MANUFACTURER builds as much quality into a lift. All Revolution Lifts are built to meet the requirements of the Automotive Lift Institute. Each design is tested by the ETL, an OSHA-designated nationally recognized testing laboratory, to ensure compliance with ANSI standards ALCTB-1998 and UL Standard 201. In fact, each lift comes with its own certification label to ensure you that your lift is up to the job. The 4-Post Lifts are rated for up to 7,000 pounds, have 110v or 220v motors, and come in a choice of four colors.

Lift Models & Pricing -
There are two models (standard and XLT) and two power choices (110V & 220V). Our Summer Sale pricing is $2795 for the standard lift and $2995 for the XLT model. There is no difference in price for either the 110V & the 220V motor. Also, the accessories are priced lower than last year and are as follows:
Drip Pan Kit (2 pans) - $115
Drive-Thru Ramp Kit - $125
Caster Kit - $395
Low Ground Clearance Ramps - $145
Jack Tray (jacks not included) - $90
Solid-Top Decking - $650 for standard, $775 for XLT
Shim & Bolt Kit - $40

THINGS TO CONSIDER
Ceiling Height -
In order to ensure that you have adequate room for a 4-Post lift, you need to consider the following parameters:
A - the height of the car you will store on top of the lift (consider using the tallest car you have just in case),
B - the height of the car you will store on the bottom (consider using the second tallest car you have just in case),
C - the height of the lift runways the upper car will rest on - use 5 inches,
D - the MINIMUM distance between the garage floor and the LOWEST obstruction that the upper car may interfere with (such as garage door tracks, a garage door opener, lighting, shelving, etc.).

When calculating your ceiling height, simply add A+B+C, then add another 6 inches to allow for the lift to be raised high enough so you can safely lower the lift back down to engage the locking mechanisms. If the total of A+B+C+ 6 inches is less than D, then you have enough ceiling height to accommodate a 4-Post lift with the vehicles you've used for establishing the above parameters.

Delivery -
Although the shipping charges will get the lift delivered to your house if you like, you will likely be far better off to have it delivered to an interim receiving facility with the appropriate loading docks and equipment. This is due to the fact that the shipping weight of a 4-Post lift is about 2100 pounds, and it will arrive at your house awaiting a forklift to get it off the truck. The solution is for you to use a trailer to pick up your lift at the receiving facility where their forklift can properly load the container onto your trailer. Then, it is a fairly easy task to unpack the lift components and move them into your garage for assembly after you arrive home.

Shipping charges are 6% of the complete order to any address in the continental United States. More information about the designs, specifications and other details of these Revolution Lifts can be found at:
http://www.x-autoproducts.com/pages/4postliftspecs.htm

Or, as always, please feel free to call us 800-559-1192 to discuss things in detail. Thank you very much.
Best Regards,

Barry
X-Auto Products
800-559-1192
www.x-autoproducts.com
Old 06-22-2005, 12:29 AM
Neighbor
Instructor

I've always wanted one. How difficult is that to install? Is it something that can be done by bolting to a garage floor?
Old 06-22-2005, 12:47 AM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Barry,

I assume that these lifts can only be installed on level garage floors, correct? I think I may be out because there is quite a slope on my floor.

TD in DC
Old 06-22-2005, 12:09 PM
x-autoproducts
Racer

Neighbor
the assembly of the lift is an easy two-person job, with the exception of handling one particular item. the platform runner (the part that the car tires roll on) containing the hydraulic cylinder (ususally on the drivers side) is about 375-415 pounds depending on the size of the lift (standard or XLT). even so, everyone who's bought one has commented on how easy it was to assemble and install. plus, it doesn't have to be bolted to the floor. it can be operated free-standing, or bolted down, or you can get the optional casters so you can move it around if you prefer.

TD in DC
the lifts allow for some slope in the floor by having two separate adjustments that level the drive-on platform. i believe that the two adjustments combined will accomodate about 4 inches of slope from front to back or side-to-side. i can get more info if you're interested.

thanks for the questions.
please feel free to call anytime.

barry
X-Auto Products
800-559-1192
Old 06-22-2005, 12:12 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Barry,

I am most definitely interested in more information about the slope question. Although we could talk privately about my question, posting the information here might help persuade others to join the group buy. My problem is this: (1) I have a very low car; (2) my garage slopes up in grade towards the rear of the garage (away from the entrance); (3) I have a relatively low ceiling, although I only care about lifting the car about 4' so that I can work on it when necessary. (I don't plan on storing a car beneath it).

Thanks,

TD in DC
Old 06-22-2005, 12:33 PM
P-Car fanatic
Pro

how tall does my garage need to be?
Old 06-22-2005, 02:40 PM
x-autoproducts
Racer

TD in DC
if you can, please see if you can gauge the amount of rise/run in your garage. then i can check to make certain that you'll be able to use the lift safely.

P-Car fanatic
the garage height is a function of the vehicles you plan to store on & under the lift. you can calculate the required ceiling height using the guide below.

Ceiling Height -
In order to ensure that you have adequate room for a 4-Post lift, you need to consider the following parameters:
A - the height of the car you will store on top of the lift (consider using the tallest car you have just in case),
B - the height of the car you will store on the bottom (consider using the second tallest car you have just in case),
C - the height of the lift runways the upper car will rest on - use 5 inches,
D - the MINIMUM distance between the garage floor and the LOWEST obstruction that the upper car may interfere with (such as garage door tracks, a garage door opener, lighting, shelving, etc.).

When calculating your ceiling height, simply add A+B+C, then add another 6 inches to allow for the lift to be raised high enough so you can safely lower the lift back down to engage the locking mechanisms. If the total of A+B+C+ 6 inches is less than D, then you have enough ceiling height to accommodate a 4-Post lift with the vehicles you've used for establishing the above parameters.

i'll be happy to provide any additional details that anyone may like to know.
thanks all,
barry
X-Auto Products
800-559-1192
Old 06-23-2005, 11:18 PM
trozenhorse
Racer

what are the dimensions from outer post to outer post in the width...and what is the total length required as well......thanks
Old 06-27-2005, 12:09 PM
x-autoproducts
Racer

ttt

thanks,
barry
Old 06-27-2005, 12:48 PM
P-Car fanatic
Pro

last question from me

is there a specfic pressure that the concrete floor needs to withstand?

I am about to commence the construction of a garage and would like to have a lift factored in
Old 06-27-2005, 03:37 PM
x-autoproducts
Racer

Revolution Lifts have a max capacity of 7000 pounds. if you divide that by the four columns that hold it up, you get 1750 pounds per "footprint".
garage floors are at least 4000 psi concrete, plus will likely be reinforced with steel. you should have no problem (assuming you're complying with the local building codes).

thanks for the question.
barry
Old 06-27-2005, 03:56 PM
P-Car fanatic
Pro

Originally Posted by x-autoproducts
Revolution Lifts have a max capacity of 7000 pounds. if you divide that by the four columns that hold it up, you get 1750 pounds per "footprint".
garage floors are at least 4000 psi concrete, plus will likely be reinforced with steel. you should have no problem (assuming you're complying with the local building codes).

thanks for the question.
barry

apparently the concrete being used for my floor will be 3000 psi as standard with the option to upgrade to 3500.... I will check with codes to see if this is OK
Old 07-12-2005, 11:34 PM
x-autoproducts
Racer

hello all,

just a quick note to let you know that this is the last week to get your order in for a Revolution 4-Post Lift before the Summer Sale ends. all orders need to be received before July 16th in order to get the lower prices. don't be left out as this sale won't be repeated this year. however, you can place an order now and take delivery when you need it and still get the sale pricing. please feel free to call for more information.

thanks everyone,

barry
X-Auto Products
800-559-1192
http://www.x-autoproducts.com/pages/4postliftspecs.htm
Old 07-13-2005, 03:13 AM
stiles_s
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 42 Posts

One thing I've wondered is how loud these types of lifts are. I have 12' ceilings in my garage, so have no problem there. I just don't want to wake up the neighbors with the thing. Can they be clearly heard outside a closed garage?

Thanks.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:06 PM
x-autoproducts
Racer

stiles_s
the eletric lift motors are not loud. i assume the 220 volt motor is a little louder than the 110 volt motor. as the lift raises, there are locks that make a sound as they slide into place, but it's not loud either.
i would say that the sound wouldn't be an issue.
thanks for the post. please feel free to call if you need any additional information.
best regards,
barry
X-Auto Products
800-559-1192

Quick Reply: Group Buy on Revolution 4-Post Lifts