996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

How many MPH to get wing to lift?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 03:23 PM
99_Carrera
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just don't appreciate getting treated like an idiot. It is pretty easy to look and see how I changed my views as the thread progressed. To do that and have "Palting" come in and condescend me is what should not be tolerated.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:25 PM
jb26jb
Racer

Lighten up Francis
Old 06-09-2005, 03:44 PM
Eli K
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 99_Carrera
I just don't appreciate getting treated like an idiot. To do that and have "Palting" come in and condescend me is what should not be tolerated.
That would be "come in and act in a condescending manner" or "come in and act condescending towards me".
You likely won't win any friends or get much help insulting other forum members. Making comments such as "your chin resting on my *****" does not only portray you as an idiot but may also get you banned...
Old 06-09-2005, 04:08 PM
kilrgt
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Cant we all just get along.............damm
Old 06-09-2005, 04:35 PM
99_Carrera
Intermediate

I'll edit the post for the easily offended.

@ siberian - apologies to the grammar gestapo.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:15 PM
Davidmichael
Racer

Why do these type of guys keep showing up? If you don't intend to appreciate the knowledge of these members and the time they take to address all qustions, why not stay off the forum?

People don't look smarter or tougher by being confrontational Mr. 99_ Carrera. I personally am getting tired of these immature "Porsche owners" getting on the forum and making asses of themselves.

If you want to share advice, great! If you want to argue from a knowledge base of zero, go play somewhere else! Leave the Porsche enthusiasts alone.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:22 PM
Eli at Pelican
Burning Brakes

99_Carrera

Having held my comments I can tell you that I was very surprised to see things unfold as they did.....

There are three things that came to mind when reading this post:

1) Number of posts

2) Offensive language

3) Closed minded

Remember that most of the people on these boards are friends and welcome new members into the brotherhood without a thought as they were nice enough to reply back to you quickly. As quickly as they brought you in they can take you out (banned). I would only suggest that you take it easy, have fun and try to listen to those who might have more experience than you do.

Welcome and thanks for posting your apology,

-Eli
Old 06-09-2005, 05:23 PM
eddie081
Advanced

On my 996 the spoiler lifts up at 75mph and retracts at 37mph

hope this helps

Ed
Old 06-09-2005, 05:27 PM
Eli at Pelican
Burning Brakes

Talking

Originally Posted by eddie081
On my 996 the spoiler lifts up at 75mph and retracts at 37mph

hope this helps

Ed

Thanks Ed, but the photo was deleted that showed a fixed wing...

BTW: Welcome! Have you taken any photos to post for us yet? You know that's the official way of saying "Hello".....

-Eli
Old 06-09-2005, 05:51 PM
eddie081
Advanced

Originally Posted by Eli at Pelican
Thanks Ed, but the photo was deleted that showed a fixed wing...

BTW: Welcome! Have you taken any photos to post for us yet? You know that's the official way of saying "Hello".....

-Eli
Thank you for the warm welcome, I will have photos up soon later tonight if not the next day. Car is in the shop for a radio

Thanks
Old 06-09-2005, 07:32 PM
thanatos69
Intermediate

I'm a fairly new member here and I rarely contribute to most threads unless I have something worthwhile to say. In this case I agree with Eli, 99_Carrera could have acted a bit more mature. I can see where Palting's comments might be taken the wrong way but the that's still no reason for a public attack. The "Mature" thing to do would have been to accept the comment and move on.

I"m not going to make any comments about 99_Carrera as that would be the wrong thing to do, still I feel that the board should be a place for members who treat each other with respect if not friendship. If a member cannot live up to that ideal, then maybe they should not be a member. Just my opinion.

- Richard
Old 06-09-2005, 08:24 PM
Mark Wheeler
Racer

For my '99 C2, I seem to recall the owners manual says it raises at 73 mph and lowers at 37 mph.

Mark
Old 06-09-2005, 08:46 PM
leedav
Three Wheelin'

The spoiler switch mod lets you override it below 73. If you don't want to advertise your recent speed you can drop it manually.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:55 PM
Eli at Pelican
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by thanatos69
I'm a fairly new member here and I rarely contribute to most threads unless I have something worthwhile to say. In this case I agree with Eli, 99_Carrera could have acted a bit more mature. I can see where Palting's comments might be taken the wrong way but the that's still no reason for a public attack. The "Mature" thing to do would have been to accept the comment and move on.

I"m not going to make any comments about 99_Carrera as that would be the wrong thing to do, still I feel that the board should be a place for members who treat each other with respect if not friendship. If a member cannot live up to that ideal, then maybe they should not be a member. Just my opinion.

- Richard
Hi there Richard,

Welcome all the way from TX.... I spent close to 3-years down in Killeen TX but ended up down in Austin during my off time..... I really loved the people!! but the summer really killed me "It was very hot"....

I would love to take a drive down there again some day..... If I do you'll be certain that I will post before doing so.....

Take care!

-Eli
Old 06-10-2005, 02:25 AM
thanatos69
Intermediate

Eli,

So Killeen eh? I'm thinking Ft. Hood then? I spent some time in Leesville near Ft. Polk. I use to work at a night club there before getting a real job and moving to Austin. Austin is a great town and I love it here. Drop me a line anytime you feel like coming down this way.

- Richard

Originally Posted by Eli at Pelican
Hi there Richard,

Welcome all the way from TX.... I spent close to 3-years down in Killeen TX but ended up down in Austin during my off time..... I really loved the people!! but the summer really killed me "It was very hot"....

I would love to take a drive down there again some day..... If I do you'll be certain that I will post before doing so.....

Take care!

-Eli

Quick Reply: How many MPH to get wing to lift?