Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Information on Grand Prix Imports in Wilsonville, OR?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 01:01 PM
zose
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys,
I did in fact buy the car. I think I got a great deal. I saw the leak, and then I went back to sunset porsche where the 60k tune-up had been done. I talked with them about it, and called the guys that I have worked with here in seattle, and well, there is something going on. I'm not posotvie what it is yet, and so I potentially bought into a bit of a problem, but I feel I got a deal, mainly on what they gave me for my trade in that i am comfortable putting a bit of money into it to get it where it should be. After I drove it home last night I checked under the car, and there wasn't any fresh looking oil. Also I checked the floor carefully this morning and under the car again, and there didn't seem to be any new leakage. I have an appointment to get it looked at, so we'll see what they have to say.
The inside of the car is beautiful, and I am just thrilled. I drove it home last night and could't wait to get back into the garage this morning.

Thanks again for all the input here, and to Darren for actually going out to take pictures and look at the car. It looks like it's time for me to actually join the forum for all the value it's already added for me. I look forward to meeting many of you.

Thanks again.

Mike
Old 05-18-2005, 02:01 PM
Mitty
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats Mike!! And welcome to the family.
This forum is by far the best I have seen. The people are mature and always helpful.

Buying a user car is always a gamble. I always try to set aside some money for "surprises” when I buy a used vehicle. I hope you don’t have any big surprises, but be prepared. I had a small leak when I bought mine 10 months ago. It was an $800 fix (other things was looked at/fixed also).
Was there any warranty with the car?

Also, be careful when you read this forum. It will cost you after the mod bug stings you!

-Darren
Old 05-18-2005, 11:39 PM
Res Ips
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 42 Posts

Thanks again for all the input here, and to Darren for actually going out to take pictures and look at the car. It looks like it's time for me to actually join the forum for all the value it's already added for me. I look forward to meeting many of you.

Good luck with your car. I hope it is only a minor oil leak and not an indication of a non-concentric shaft/RMS issue...Enjoy.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:14 PM
Res Ips
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 42 Posts

Anyone heard what happened after he bought the leaker?

Quick Reply: Information on Grand Prix Imports in Wilsonville, OR?