Sponsored by:

NavTeq -- PCM I and PCM II Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 12:00 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default NavTeq -- PCM I and PCM II Help Needed

I hate the fact that the routing information is stored on multiple CDs. I own all of the CDs nationwide, and I have the most recent release. Inevitably, my destination is on another CD, which means I cannot enter it into the Nav until I swap CDs, and then I get no detailed information for the area in which I am actually driving.

Since I own all of the CDs, I am not trying to get something for nothing, but I would like to hack the CDs and create my own custom one with the areas I need for specific trips (e.g., DC to Lexington Ohio). Have any of you done this and can you give me advice?
Old 05-09-2005, 12:24 PM
jury_ca
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not sure how easy it would be to hack through the software, however, I would just break the overall journey into multiple intermediate destinations (particularly if you need to have the full detail from individual CDs).
Old 05-25-2005, 08:00 PM
Mike Blaszczak
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been toying with that, myself. If you examine the CDs with your PC, you'll see they're about 1/3rd full. There are some files which appear to contian lists of the other files. I've been wondering if I can just create a new CD with two CD's of the binary databases and a text file that contains a combined list of all the database files.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:15 PM
RLandis
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I remember correctly, you can store up to seven trips without having the disk in the drive. That's how you can keep navigating, and have an audio CD playing music. I haven't tried this yet, but I'll bet you can store the trips in memory from more than one disk.

Quick Reply: NavTeq -- PCM I and PCM II Help Needed