Sponsored by:

Screw BFG!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 12:53 PM
SPR
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Screw BFG!!!!

My car has been handling like utter crap lately. I had it corner balanced, checked the aligment like 3 times, and it still handles like crap. There was a whine that was so bad the dealer told me it was the wheel bearings @ a cost of 900 bucks. I did them myself and still the noise persisted. It turns out the front tires are cupped. The car handles like utter crap and is a pain to drive in a straight line and doesn't like to return or take a set into or out of a corner.

F*ck these tires. I contact tire rack and get insulted. I contact BFG directly and they were nice enough saying I needed to take the car to a reseller to have them checked. I went to discount tire and they showed me how cupped the tires were on the inner tread blocks. I couldn't believe it. I got to speak to a BFG rep. which told me to pound sand. I later called the manager and he gave me the same BS. He actually had the audacity to tell me not to drive the car if I had a problem. I replied, so I am not supposed to drive a performance car in a performance manner with performance tires when the tires are F*CKED? He said flat out yes and denied that the tires were defective, even though I know other people with my same setup which have never had this problem WTF!!!

STAY away from BFG I have had not one but 3 defective rears from slipped belts, and I actually had to pay for the first one! I cannot believe how poor their QC is and their failure rate on the BFG comp TA KD. I will never ever buy from this company and I hope no one else does. I guess I am going to buy a set of ps2's now, which is great as I am a law student on loans and just bought two new rears a few months ago!
Old 05-15-2005, 01:23 PM
leedav
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a law student on loans
And you're driving a Porsche?
Old 05-15-2005, 01:24 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry to hear about your tires woes. Stick with Porcshe approved N rated tires. Don't know much about BFG's as these belong on Camaros, Mustangs and the like, IMHO. Stick with Dunlop, Michellin or Bridgestone.
Old 05-15-2005, 01:51 PM
SPR
Drifting

Guy with picture of vain guy - Yes I am a student on loans currently, and bought the car before school paying cash for it. It really irritates me that people chose to focus on irrelevant details like an idiot instead following the topic and actually being either helpful or not saying anything at all.

Cab- I was told basically it seems that individual tread blocks on the inside of the tire will have this problem. Why have none of my other friends had this problem running simular setups and the same tires???? It is all a bunch of BS.
Why the hell does tire rack sell and recommend it for Porsche then? Sounds like breach of warrant for fitness for particular use to me.
Oh, btw the reason that BFG initially would not warrant the tires is because it is lowered! Such bastards!

Last edited by SPR; 05-15-2005 at 11:22 PM.
Old 05-15-2005, 02:08 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

One thing is Tirerack "recommending" them or saying that it would "fit" and Porsche approving of this tire is another. Make sure that the next tire you chose has the "N" rating. It will save you lots of headaches and the car will handle the way it was designed to.
Old 05-15-2005, 02:43 PM
earlyapex
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 32 Posts

Sorry to hear about your troubles with BFG. I've met several owners that have been very happy with their near R-compound performance. Unfortunately, it looks like their quality control and customer service have let you down. Thanks for sharing your experience. It's going to help me make the right tire decision after I wear out my very noisy S02's.
Old 05-15-2005, 03:09 PM
Kiko
Racer

SPR - I was still an automotive engineer student when I bought my first (I had two) M roadster with its high mantainance bills and at the time was very annoyed when people asked me "how can you afford that car???" It's kind of a jeolous comment really, but I reckon you lost your point by replying the way you did man...
anyway, thanks for sharing your experience about BFG I once had the same issue on a set of Goodyear F1's on an M roadster and I returned them the shop who sold and fitted them after taking them for a (scary) ride... ;-)
Old 05-15-2005, 03:22 PM
Davidmichael
Racer

No need for your comments SPR. I was more surprised you're a law student, with such an immature vocabulary. You might want to lose the attitude before you practice in a court of law.
Old 05-15-2005, 03:26 PM
SPR
Drifting

I just thought it was a funny comment coming from someone who has a picture of themself as their avatar. How is my vocabulary immature?; if anything it should be deemed insensative, Moron. You think i would carry that attitude in a professional sense? Obviously I meant the comment in jest, again because of the avatar was coupled with a rediculous tangental comment. People need to grow up and understand context. Sometimes these forum are just too much, and you wonder why everyone posts primarily on 6speed where people stop to think of the context before they become upset over nothing, and then assume that the joke was not only literal but commonplace in a professional setting. Rediculous
Old 05-15-2005, 04:31 PM
gonz911
Pro

SPR -- I think it just boils down to you not doing your homework. Quite frankly, I jujst purchased a completed set of Yoko's AVS Sports knowing that they were not the best out there but thought the performance and life of tire fit what I was looking for at the time. There were plenty of "Reviews" on Tire Rack both good and bad. Don't know what you did for your research but given you chose BFG's, I don't think you went for quality right out of the shoot! They were really low on my list and wouldn't have bought them.

With respect to people on 6Speed, get real, they're just as goofy as you.
Old 05-15-2005, 04:38 PM
SPR
Drifting

Your post really made no sense. How should I get real? I wouldn't characterize what I said or that forum as goofy?? I will agree however, that on 6 speed people consider what other's say more and give more lattitude to context.

For the reasearch side, my friends have the exact same tires on the same car with the SAME setup, and noted they gave the best handling over all other tires.
Old 05-15-2005, 04:46 PM
Lizard1
Racer

and we wonder why lawyers have such a bad reputation...
Old 05-15-2005, 04:49 PM
gonz911
Pro

Just what is it that doesn't make sense? You obviously chose the bottom of the price range with BFGs. Obviously you wouldn't characterize yourself as goofy, but why did you have to attack someone on a personal level "gay guy"? So the dude has a picture of himself. The "Get real" only gets better with your statement "For the reasearch side, my friends have the exact same tires on the same car with the SAME setup, and noted they gave the best handling over all other tires". NO WAY and BS! You and your "friends" get what you pay for. You now want others to believe that BFGs are supposed to be as good if not better than others? Yeah, GET REAL! Understand now?

The statement about 6Speed was over the top. I also see you put your ranting post there too. Too much fella. You go cheap and you get crap. Seems like that's what happened to you and now you have to live with your mistake. That's it. Oh yeah, what's "lattitude"?
Old 05-15-2005, 04:50 PM
gonz911
Pro

Lizard -- I'm an aspiring law student and who said that fellow was one? If so it looks like someone didn't do their homework.
Old 05-15-2005, 05:16 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by SPR
I just thought it was a funny comment coming from someone who has a picture of themself as their avatar.
I guess you'll be eating noodles this month for a new set of tires...

Cya son...

Quick Reply: Screw BFG!!!!