Old 05-18-2005, 11:59 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by SPR
Go find another scapegoat for your persecution. If you had any reading comprehension you wouldn't have made your comment.
Dude, please know Decaf is available these days... BTW, your High School Principal called, he needs a note for yesterdays absence
Old 05-18-2005, 12:22 PM
SPR
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

High school huh? I graduated in 95. I have dual degrees in law and Econ with a minor in accounting. Now I am in law school. Your comments are so apt.

I bought the car myself with my own dough as I ran a corporation before I went to law school as CEO. I am well aware of a small claims suit for breach as I am a 2L, but my time is more valuable in many ways. I will also not be around as I am going to summer school for business law classes in France on international business transactions etc. The problems is that many tire manufacturers blame the cupping on some aspect of my car- mechanical or aligment or shocks or whatever, so proximate causation on a defect for PL is fun to prove. A better suit would be to pursue tire rack for breach of warranty for fitness for a particular use, as they recommend the tire, as I noted before if you bothered to read that. This is the last rebuttal I will make as the people that are replying are sadists and are a waste of my time.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:43 PM
mundman
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SPR
High school huh? I graduated in 95. I have dual degrees in law and Econ with a minor in accounting. Now I am in law school. Your comments are so apt.

I bought the car myself with my own dough as I ran a corporation before I went to law school as CEO. I am well aware of a small claims suit for breach as I am a 2L, but my time is more valuable in many ways. I will also not be around as I am going to summer school for business law classes in France on international business transactions etc. The problems is that many tire manufacturers blame the cupping on some aspect of my car- mechanical or aligment or shocks or whatever, so proximate causation on a defect for PL is fun to prove. A better suit would be to pursue tire rack for breach of warranty for fitness for a particular use, as they recommend the tire, as I noted before if you bothered to read that. This is the last rebuttal I will make as the people that are replying are sadists and are a waste of my time.
Dude, Are you on any personality modification medications?
Old 05-18-2005, 01:04 PM
rval_1999
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SPR, you really don't want advice do you?? Yeah people are bashing you a little, because you deserve it, but you also fight against all the suggetions people have given.... what was the purpose of your original post.....a warning???

Again, file a "small" claim against Tirerack or BFG, under any cause of action you think is appropriate, believe me, TireRack or BFG do not want to pay a lawyer/take the time to defend the case and will probably refund your money/give you new tires just to get rid of you..... It's worth $20-ish and 10 minutes to fill out the form (which probably is available in PDF on the web). Just free advice, take it or leave it.

RVP
Old 05-18-2005, 01:06 PM
Rob in WA
Cap'n Insane the Engorged
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have this morbid curiosity and keep clicking on this thread, it just keeps getting funnier and funnier.
Old 05-18-2005, 01:06 PM
mjb2448
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Hey comrade rennlisters, strap this on. " He that will not reason is a bigot. He that cannot reason is a fool. And he that dares not reason is a slave." - Branch Rickey, American baseball player.{1881-1965]
Old 05-18-2005, 01:07 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by SPR
people that are replying are sadists
Huh? When did this get into sexual perversion? When you are constructing your replies with that dictionary by your side you really should look up some of those words as well.

While I find great humor in this thread and how easy it is to sit back and watch the fireworks....it really is sad b/c you could have avoided this from the very beginning had you refrained from the name calling and the over reacting.

Let's sum up this with a simple formula.......
short fuse + over reacting + name calling + 2000 posts and not a member = NOT TAKEN SERIOUSLY
Old 05-18-2005, 01:10 PM
evo_333
Three Wheelin'

**reaches for popcorn** the drama keeps continuing
Old 05-18-2005, 01:15 PM
RLandis
Racer

Originally Posted by SPR
This is the last rebuttal I will make as the people that are replying are sadists and are a waste of my time.
Hooray....best news I've heard from this mentally challenged freak!!!!
Old 05-18-2005, 01:15 PM
leedav
Three Wheelin'

The funniest part is that there is only one person whose standing and credibility has been damaged. I guess spittle-flecked invective just never really reaches escape velocity
Old 05-18-2005, 01:21 PM
rval_1999
Instructor

I do find it amusing that SPR uses phrases such as "Your comments are so apt." I don't even know what that means, exactly. I am curious which law school SPR attends, and whether it is ABA accredited?? I must say, I would have loved to go to France to take some classes, doubt that I would have done much studying though.....
Old 05-18-2005, 01:31 PM
bet
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

This is like checking out the political threads in the Off Topic section...a very entertaining train wreck.

Backn on the original topic of the cupping....while the tire is a possible problem, more than likely the problem is in your suspension geometry. Just ask all those early Nissan Z owners if the tires make a difference. While someone may have the same “setup” as you it does not mean their suspension is “exactly” like yours, especially considering that the PSS-9’s have a completely adjustable ride height. The slight variances could have caused the problem. Additionally from my understanding, once the tires are cupped a fix of the suspension geometry is not going to solve the problem on that set of cupped tires (unless the cupping is “fixed” on that set of tires). I know you indicated you have had the alignment redone, but have you installed new tires with the new alignment? The cupped tires will still cause the problems even if the alignment is correct.

Ok back to our regularly scheduled entertainment
Old 05-18-2005, 01:47 PM
Re-animator
Racer

The manufacturer's party line of blaming the car is not true in every sense. My '02 WRX cupped with the same suspension that the non-cupped stock tires came off of; with a proper alignment. Just to give a little credence to the intended focus of this thread.

SPR, the more of your ego that gets put on the internet just feeds the agents in the Matrix. It is a keyboard interface. Take nothing personal and give nothing personal that can hurt you. Better yet, sticks and stones.... Remember that one. Just $.02.
Old 05-18-2005, 01:52 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by rval_1999
to defend the case and will probably refund your money/give you new tires just to get rid of you.....RVP
Heck, I may do this myself...

Let me guess SPR.....Western State law? No?

Back to the original, original topic. Cupping, as others have suggested, typically stems from worn suspension components, bad alignment, improperly loaded tires etc. Many times it is not the tires themselves, just that tires are the result of such problems and is the 'wear item' and the louder 'tattletale' of the whole assembly. FWIW
Old 05-18-2005, 01:54 PM
911h20
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 21 Posts

Can we all just get along

Quick Reply: Screw BFG!!!!