Sponsored by:

Screw BFG!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 02:09 PM
mundman
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dmgcfg
I believe the "flame war" was over you referring to a well respected member of the Board as "gay" in a public forum, something for which you have yet to apologize. Once you made that reference, I, for one, lost interest in your problems with BFG. From your recent post, it is abundantly clear that you still don't "get it".
Perfect!
Old 05-17-2005, 02:12 PM
johnfm
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

SPR, guys, romans...

just chill abit. The guy was venting...

SPR - you need to vent in a more restrained manner..I expect "Screw BFG!!!" is a pretty acceptable thread title on 6speedonline...but here, we probably respond better to : "Anyone else had cupping probs with BFG" "or "BFG customer services problems"..etc

IMHO, I think you have what they call in the UK a "not fit for the intended purpose" issue with BFG. I expect that you probably can show that the tyre (tire in your case!) may not be performing within spec and get a replacement - especially if you've only covered a few 100 miles on them.

Either way, good luck.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:41 PM
Kerry
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FWIW, I've have perfectly good tires cup because of an improper balance job. The tires felt balanced at speed, but they were not.

Once the tires are cupped you can possibly salvage them by having the tires shaved. There are not many people who can shave cupped tires properly. Vilven Tire in Royal, IL is the only one I know of and I can vouch for the quality of their work.
Old 05-17-2005, 03:46 PM
RJMDAD996
Burning Brakes

A CHILL PILL Is Much Needed HERE ! As for the BFG - I am driving with the KDW and I love them, Grip is great and they look awesome. Nothing Else. Are they better than the PS2 or Conti they replaced, maybe, but I am not losing sleep over it. Let's all chill, I think SPR was simply venting, but the name calling should not be, this is a PORSCHE forum, not Honda. Come On Gents we are better than this.
Old 05-17-2005, 03:56 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

I believe the "flame war" was over you referring to a well respected member of the Board as "gay" in a public forum, something for which you have yet to apologize. Once you made that reference, I, for one, lost interest in your problems with BFG. From your recent post, it is abundantly clear that you still don't "get it".
That pretty much sums it up. And I was personally offended by the statement:

Originally Posted by SPR
I just thought it was a funny comment coming from someone who has a picture of themself as their avatar.

There were other insults in other posts, and basically I'm drawn to the conclusion that some people are born on 3rd base and think they hit a triple.

Peace,
Rob
Old 05-17-2005, 09:32 PM
smarouli
Intermediate

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

ok so i've read this whole thread killing some time right now and can't believe how this whole thing escalated...

my thoughts below:

(1) calling somebody gay or not is unacceptable
(2) Making fun of somebody's avatar in retaliation is also unacceptable after all his/her ONLINE/FORUM presence is summed up by his/her posts + avatar.
(3) Now having said that we live in a FREE world and I believe everyone here is expressing their opinions hopefully FREELY. I mean if I say the Boxster is a hairdresser's car it's my OWN opinion I don't have to worry if it offends a Surgeon who's driving a Boxster. I say that cause I feel SPR should be allowed to make comments or even generalizations about people that have their faces in avatars (in the same way I might do myself about people driving boxsters or wearing boots or ..... whatever it might be. PEOPLE who he didn't explicitly insult SHOULD NOT BE INSULTED (i.e. riad).
(4) Lastly, why is it that everyone feels like Batman or some superhero and comes at somebody's help? If you've taken everything into perspective SPR was pissed off about something - yes he did use a foul language and acted in the spurr of the moment but come on give me a break 6 pages of posts and 80% of those are defending the "poor" person who got insulted.
(5) I have to admit that I'd get equally pissed off if somebody said to me "wow law student and you can afford this?". My boss drives an Audi A4 convertible and I have a Porsche C2 Convertible and a Cayenne S is this something to judge me by? I'm 27 and I bought my first Porsche now, my dad had to wait till he was 40 - bottom line is - WHO CARES and why is it your business to make a stupid comment like that ?
(6) To Moderator: I think this post should have been CLOSED long time ago...

rgds,
SM
Old 05-17-2005, 09:47 PM
mundman
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I feel like I should be standing saluting the flag in honor of free speech! I gota tell you that this thread has been entertaining. The law school comment by Lee I thought was very humorous. I would not of taken it as Lee faulting me for my decision to buy a particular tire. I put my wife through law school and can tell you I never would have been able to afford a 911. I am not in any way puting down SPR. He is very lucky that he can. Bitch all you want 67 replies and counting! We all love this forum. BTW, I have seen Lee hold is own on this forum so I would not catagorize him as "The poor person got insulted" I think the folks on this forum are great and I enjoy all of you every day as I read through.
Old 05-17-2005, 09:54 PM
smarouli
Intermediate

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

that's more like it.... " I enjoy all of you every day as I read through"
now turn around and hug your fellow RennForum member
Old 05-17-2005, 09:58 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by smarouli
that's more like it.... " I enjoy all of you every day as I read through"
now turn around and hug your fellow RennForum member
I would definitely give you a hug, just one problem...
Old 05-18-2005, 02:01 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 100 Likes on 51 Posts

SPR--chill man. JEEEEEZ. There are so many things in life we all lose sight of at times, but typically apologize for, later. Become a member, man-up and apologize for the previously mentioned comments.. Its the least you can do at this point..

You did crack me up with the notion of seeking civility on 6speed online..LOL!
Old 05-18-2005, 03:28 AM
SPR
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man up to what? I explained my position and made my retraction. Go find another scapegoat for your persecution. If you had any reading comprehension you wouldn't have made your comment.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:02 AM
johnfm
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sheesh...digging a deep hole here..

Anyway, What's your recourse now with BFG?
Old 05-18-2005, 07:51 AM
munro86
Racer

Apologize. You were wrong.
Old 05-18-2005, 10:37 AM
RLandis
Racer

Amen!
Old 05-18-2005, 11:09 AM
rval_1999
Instructor

SPR- I was in law school a few years ago and I bought a 1997 BMW 5 series (E39), and when questioned about my "nice" car on "Roadfly" I just told everyone the truth....my parents helped me! No need to get defensive.....

BTW, if you are having tire problems with BFG and no-one will help, sue in small claims court. If you are a 1L you should know that you can sue for breach of warranty, however, once you become a "real lawyer" you will realize that as soon as you file suit, it is very likely this case would "settle" anyway. Just my $.02.

RVP

Quick Reply: Screw BFG!!!!