996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Screw BFG!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 05:44 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 83 Likes on 62 Posts

Let's see...the initial post was to "vent" and ask us not to buy from BFG. What response do you want? If it was to ask what would be a good replacement tire, we'll gladly give our opinions. Being a statistician, I'm afraid the "due diligence" of research should have included a much larger sample size than 1! I must admit when I did the research, BFG never even came up?!

I switched from Bridgestones to Pilot Sport PS2s. I'm very happy with them so far.

Perhaps your first law suit could be with BFG. Good Luck.
Old 05-15-2005, 05:45 PM
munro86
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very insulting to Leedav.
Old 05-15-2005, 06:23 PM
nsx4pete
Instructor

Following rules should apply to SPR from now on prior to posting!
1. SPELL CHEK - OOPS I MEAN CHECK!
2. DON'T INSULT SOMEONE WHEN THEY HAVEN'T INSULTED YOU!
3. DONT' MENTION DETAILS OF YOUR PERSONAL LIFE, (LAW STUDENT, LOANS...) IF THEY DON'T PERTAIN TO THE SUBJECT AND IF YOUR NOT READY TO GET COMMENTS BACK ABOUT THEM.
4. LASTLY, PLEASE INCLUDE A PHOTO OF YOURSELF FOR YOUR AVATAR, (THEN WE CAN ALL HAVE SOME FUN POSTING COMMENTS!

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT BACK ABOUT MY POST, I CAN TAKE IT!
Old 05-15-2005, 06:24 PM
RLandis
Racer

Moderator....I've never asked this before, but I bet I'll be supported......why don't you ban the creator of this thread.....his biggest input so far has been to insult some respected, well liked members here.....please don't tell me to block him......I'm asking you to DUMP him!!!
Old 05-15-2005, 06:28 PM
nsx4pete
Instructor

HERE COMES YOUR FIRST SUPPORTER, COUNT MY VOTE!!!
Old 05-15-2005, 06:44 PM
SRL
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

SPR - what I don't understand is you have more than once mentioned knowing people who have great experiences with this tire, yet you insist on going off on BFG.

Maybe rather than yelling at them, it's time to look at why your tires are wearing poorly. Start with the condition of your shocks. Worn out shocks will typically cause cupping.
Old 05-15-2005, 08:10 PM
leedav
Three Wheelin'

SPR,

I feel very sorry for you, and for any clients who might hire you in the future as an attorney.
Old 05-15-2005, 08:35 PM
Ekename
Pro

Not cool SPR.
Old 05-15-2005, 09:42 PM
Res Ips
Rennlist Member

Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by SPR
Guy with picture of gay guy - Yes I am a student on loans currently, and bought the car before school paying cash for it. It really irritates me that people chose to focus on irrelevant details like an idiot instead following the topic and actually being either helpful or not saying anything at all.

Cab- I was told basically it seems that individual tread blocks on the inside of the tire will have this problem. Why have none of my other friends had this problem running simular setups and the same tires???? It is all a bunch of BS.
Why the hell does tire rack sell and recommend it for Porsche then? Sounds like breach of warrant for fitness for particular use to me.
Oh, btw the reason that BFG initially would not warrant the tires is because it is lowered! Such bastards!
Firstly, unless you have facts to the contrary, you are presuming that a person who is pictured standing next to his car is "gay". Secondly, making such a statement in a public forum is potentially defaming to another.

As you will recall from studying torts, "defamation is a statement communicated to another person which tends to harm the reputation of another so as to lower him in the estimation of the community or to deter third persons from associating or dealing with him". (Ref: Black's Law Dictionary). An argument can easily be made that Rennlist is such a community.

Again, and as you will remember, there are two types of defamatory communications: 1.) libel and; 2.) slander.

Libel is a method of defamation expressed in print, as, I would consider the accusations you made about a member. As you may also know from your legal studies that defamation does not require wrongful intent or negligence. (Blacks, supra). It merely requires that one ‘print’ it or cause it to be printed.

Slander is the speaking of base and defamatory words tending to prejudice another in his reputation, office, trade, business or means of livelihood. (Blacks supra). Would that not be the case here?

The danger of making such comments in public fora such as this is obvious. You are, in effect, communicating, what may be a harmful untruth to potentially thousands of others who read these threads. Would not calling another person unknown to you a derogatory name in this forum tend, perhaps, to prejudice another from communicating or speaking with him or result in similar defaming name calling? I would think, yes.

As you move further into your legal training, you will begin to see how a lawyer most effectively communicates to others. This takes time and practice to learn. Understand that as a future officer of the court, you must respect those with whom you may disagree and you will be called out of order for outbursts and short sighted responses such as the ones you have made in this public forum.

I would also suggest that you proof read your posts and learn to use the spell checking features of this site. Syntax in written form is terribly important for a lawyer and a law student. I am a big stickler with my law student's being able to write correctly, spell correctly and express themselves eloquently in a non-hostile or aggressive manner. This ‘art’ takes time to develop. It will serve you well.

I will say this, as a law student, you are very fortunate to be able to own and drive such a wonderful and costly car as a Porsche. I could never have afforded such a car as a law student.

Lastly, as for the tires you are complaining about the answer is simple. Select a different make, such as Bridgestone or Pirelli's and start to enjoy your Porsche again.

Good luck in your further legal studies. Pay attention to the details and learn to control impulses placing others in a bad light.

Jim

Last edited by Res Ips; 05-15-2005 at 10:08 PM.
Old 05-15-2005, 10:08 PM
redduck996
Burning Brakes

Default re

very eloquent
Old 05-15-2005, 11:00 PM
mundman
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JimPDX
Firstly, unless you have facts to the contrary, you are presuming that a person who is pictured standing next to his car is "gay". Secondly, making such a statement in a public forum is potentially defaming to another.

As you will recall from studying torts, "defamation is a statement communicated to another person which tends to harm the reputation of another so as to lower him in the estimation of the community or to deter third persons from associating or dealing with him". (Ref: Black's Law Dictionary). An argument can easily be made that Rennlist is such a community.

Again, and as you will remember, there are two types of defamatory communications: 1.) libel and; 2.) slander.

Libel is a method of defamation expressed in print, as, I would consider the accusations you made about a member. As you may also know from your legal studies that defamation does not require wrongful intent or negligence. (Blacks, supra). It merely requires that one ‘print’ it or cause it to be printed.

Slander is the speaking of base and defamatory words tending to prejudice another in his reputation, office, trade, business or means of livelihood. (Blacks supra). Would that not be the case here?

The danger of making such comments in public fora such as this is obvious. You are, in effect, communicating, what may be a harmful untruth to potentially thousands of others who read these threads. Would not calling another person unknown to you a derogatory name in this forum tend, perhaps, to prejudice another from communicating or speaking with him or result in similar defaming name calling? I would think, yes.

As you move further into your legal training, you will begin to see how a lawyer most effectively communicates to others. This takes time and practice to learn. Understand that as a future officer of the court, you must respect those with whom you may disagree and you will be called out of order for outbursts and short sighted responses such as the ones you have made in this public forum.

I would also suggest that you proof read your posts and learn to use the spell checking features of this site. Syntax in written form is terribly important for a lawyer and a law student. I am a big stickler with my law student's being able to write correctly, spell correctly and express themselves eloquently in a non-hostile or aggressive manner. This ‘art’ takes time to develop. It will serve you well.

I will say this, as a law student, you are very fortunate to be able to own and drive such a wonderful and costly car as a Porsche. I could never have afforded such a car as a law student.

Lastly, as for the tires you are complaining about the answer is simple. Select a different make, such as Bridgestone or Pirelli's and start to enjoy your Porsche again.

Good luck in your further legal studies. Pay attention to the details and learn to control impulses placing others in a bad light.

Jim
YEAH! WHAT HE SAID!
Old 05-15-2005, 11:01 PM
SPR
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a joke.

I didn't chose the bottom of the line tire at all. I chose them because of Ben in LJ's testimonial on how great they were as he was running the same setup on his supercharged cab. You are a moron indeed.
I never said they were better than any others in any respect, and if you really had any reading comprehension you would understand that I am saying that they are inferior with such a high rate of defect. Don't you understand what lattitude means? I am done wasting my time one someone with as little education as you must hand if you don't understand the syntax. You are indeed again, pathetic in your arguments.
Old 05-15-2005, 11:04 PM
mundman
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What's with the name calling? There really is no need. You can disagree without getting personal. This whole rather pathetic yet entertaining thread is b/c of the child like tantrums and name calling.
Old 05-15-2005, 11:07 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by SPR
I am done wasting my time one someone with as little education as you must hand if you don't understand the syntax.
haha, are you high?

Dude, you have got to move on to another forum.
Old 05-15-2005, 11:07 PM
Lizard1
Racer

i stand corrected, you give lawyers AND Pcar owners a bad name

pls go back to your own world where you think it all revolves around you. can't wait till your eyes get opened up to the truth

Quick Reply: Screw BFG!!!!