Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

KDW-2 just arrived - Talk about a big ASS!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 06:52 PM
RJMDAD996
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those of you who care - I am joining now.....
Old 05-06-2005, 06:53 PM
RJMDAD996
Burning Brakes

Also - They are NOT BSA wheels - I purchased them in Italy last year at a Porsche aftermarket shop RUF - Not sure on the manufacture. But the offset is correct, I had my local dealership confirm.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:03 PM
leedav
Three Wheelin'

Please keep us posted on the noise level and traction as you break them in. They look killer.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:14 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Wow! Those tires look huge on the car. I know somebody already commented on the width of the tires/rims and spacers. You said no spacers.....but what is the wheel width and offset you are running? They should be stamped on the wheel. If they confirmed that it is correct then they must have been reading for WIDE body car by mistake b/c those just don't look correct. Not saying it looks bad, just that it doesn't look correct. I'd never knock you if you wanted to run rims that stick out 1 foot past the well since spacer, tires, etc, are all a personal thing. Now, performance is a whole 'nother animal.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:24 PM
Toreador
Menace to Society
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

One more thing RJMDAD996, you should look into setting the date correctly on your camera.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:37 PM
Midnight Rider
Racer

Congrats on joining. Cheers.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:15 AM
gr8330
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm not waiting any longer I like what I see....joined last night soon after expressing my opinion....webmaster are you here
Old 05-07-2005, 09:21 AM
Midnight Rider
Racer

Welcome welcome.
Old 05-07-2005, 02:09 PM
SPR
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like he needs mud flaps with yosemite same with the two guns on the sticking out that much
Old 05-07-2005, 03:52 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Post Rotational direction backwards?

RJMDad996,

I could tell by the grooves that they have rotation direction, and looking at your tire intalled, right rear shown on the picture you attached, the rotational direction IS BACKWARDS to channel the water outboard of the tires.
Old 05-08-2005, 11:17 PM
teflon_jones
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LVDell
I agree. it is absurd Midnight Rider.....but in ALL societies there will always be that minority group that doesn't contribute that is suported by the generosity of the majority.

I too was one of those non-paying members for a few hundred posts and would get really tired of all the "so...x number of posts and not a member yet" cracks or the "you not entitled to post that type of criticism until you are paying member".............then I joined.

2 things got my cheap, mooching a** to contribute financially to the board. 1) I realized that not only have I given a lot of help to others on this board, I have also received a TON of help in return. and, 2) I researched what it costs to run a site like this and there is no way Jon and Jenn are becoming millionares by doing this. In fact, they may be losing money on the deal.

And if nothing........those of you that have not contributed, think of that last purchase you made BECASUE of the advice you got HERE on this board that allowed you to get it for "x" dollars cheaper. I have saved so much over the last couple years (thousands of dollars) getting tips from other members where to purchase, price to pay, etc.

But, remember, those that don't contribute probably AREN'T going to.....so instead of getting chapped everytime they post just don't offer them any advice.
Originally Posted by Midnight Rider
Again, my comments are specific to those folks with 100,200,300+ posts. That is absurd.
Well, I bow down to you my gods. I'm sorry I'm such a horrible person and I humbly ask for your forgiveness! Search my posts and you'll see that for the most part all I post is useful information to help people with questions. Often, I have information that nobody else has posted. I don't use any service of this board other than posting, so why would I pay for that when there's no other board I've ever heard of on the entire WWW that charges for membership just to post?

And as I posted before, Jon and Jenn DO NOT REQUIRE PEOPLE TO PAY AND JON HAS POSTED THAT HE DOES NOT EXPECT ALL MEMBERS TO PAY AND IS HAPPY TO HAVE NON-PAYING MEMBERS ON THE BOARD. So get off your high horses guys, seriously. I'm not one to flame people, but come on. This is the key to whether people need to be paying members or not, and you have no response to this because there is none.

As for the cost of running a site like this, as I said before, I don't know of a single other forum that charges for membership. Plus I work in internet consulting for a living and I know exactly how much it costs. There's no way this site is hurting for money, and the support of one single sponsor could pay the costs of running this board for a year.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:02 AM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Talk about understeer....

How about the fronts? Are they also wider? If you just changed the size of the rear for wider tires, your car will understeer more than what it already does.

Interesting thread pattern, they should be great for the wet stuff and should keep the tire temperture down, which is great for thread life, but not so good for traction on the dry.

Keep us posted on your findings...
Old 05-09-2005, 07:07 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by RJMDAD996
For those of you who care - I am joining now.....
RJMDAD996 - Good for you, and welcome to the "inner circle!"
Old 05-09-2005, 07:28 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera Mike
RJMDad996,

I could tell by the grooves that they have rotation direction, and looking at your tire intalled, right rear shown on the picture you attached, the rotational direction IS BACKWARDS to channel the water outboard of the tires.
Mike - I disagree. I believe they are mounted correctly. In his second pic, the rain channels on both tires are like this \ | / which is the back of the tire. If you were to roll the car backwards 1/4 rotation, those same groves would look like this as they contacted the pavement / | \ which means that the water will be channeled away from the center to the edges of the tires.

If these pics had been taken from the front of the car and the tread pattern was identical to the current (read view) pics, then they would be mounted backwards.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:57 AM
Mr. C4
Drifting

I agree with Carrera Mike, those tires are fitted backward but the problem will be solved by swapping the wheels side (L2R&R2L) and no need to shift any tires.

Ciao,

Johannes E.

Quick Reply: KDW-2 just arrived - Talk about a big ASS!