996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Not sure if OEM SSK is working fine.

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 11:30 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks Doug.....Brian already answred that above though (post 9).
Old 05-05-2005, 12:50 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry I didn't read it that far.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:47 PM
tcetta
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am going to repost an earlier post here to get the opinion of people using this B&M in the real world. as you can see below, i shift hard and usually never miss (still very smooth but I am use to the rifle feel of early non plastic shifters, but i did break something over the weekend. What stress will be put on the car and linkage parts that could break in the future. Is putting a heavy duty linkage and SSK setting me up for future plastic breakage, is there any risk of breaking the housing. see my car is covered by factory warranty, but this type of plastic breakage is a good time to upgrade.

02 996 C4CAB. Busted my shift linkage at autocross this weekend. I "hyper extended" it in a 1st to 2nd shift, all my fault, all force and no finesse. The plastic cup cracked and popped out the shifter cable from the ball joint, DNF, I broke down the cables and I got it fixed to drive home, but now I need to diagnose and repair. I am of the opinion don't fix it until broken but when broken upgrade. The part that needs to be replaced is the shift linkage plastic cup, the EVO part would do the trick, anyone using this part with a B&M short shifter. What are your reactions, is the shift too harsh or notchy.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:12 PM
C4 Pazzo
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've got the EVO shift linkage with the B&M ssk. I doubt that the linkage makes much difference on the feel vs the stock plastic linkage. given your hard shifting, sounds like the stronger linkage would be beneficial. I attribute the notchier feel to the ssk, rather than the linkage, due to the reduced leverage of the ssk.
Old 05-23-2005, 08:23 PM
mundman
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I Think Suncoast sells alum linkage for $129

Quick Reply: Not sure if OEM SSK is working fine.