996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

B&M SSK adjustment?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005 | 03:33 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Default B&M SSK adjustment?

What is the proper prodecure to adjust the B&M SSK? I have an ever so slight adjustment needed to second gear. I don't like the feel I currently have going into 2nd...almost feels like I just barely get second when upshifting/downshifting.

TIA,
Dell
Old 04-13-2005 | 03:59 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Dell,

I would just take it to a good independent Porsche shop in your area. They won't need no stinkin' tool, and they have probably adjusted thousands of shifters so I bet it would take them only a few seconds to sort it all out.

TD
Old 04-13-2005 | 04:07 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Dell, to use the tool, you would have to re-install the stock shifter, adjust, then put the BM back. Too much hassle, instead, undo the cables at the tower, put the shifter in dead center, secure it with tape, then adjust cables. To adjust the play, loosen the allen screw, put it btwn5-6 gate, tighten the adjusting nut until it holds the shifter there, now loosen the nut, when it first starts to move center tighten the allen there.
PM me if you have a problem.
Chris
Old 04-13-2005 | 04:39 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Thanks Chris and Todd! I am going to swing by my local P-Car shop that put on my M030 and see if they can do a quick adjustment. Hopefully gratis or nominal charge

Quick Reply: B&M SSK adjustment?