996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

$911 to fix airbag light problem with bad ground

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 08:48 PM
Chrisp3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"I found little felt black circles at my local supermarket that you use for putting under things so they don't scratch. Anyway, they are the exact size of the airbag light. Problem solved. I guess."

path-- I remember reading that the airbags deploy at different rates of speed if the the sensor thinks the seat belts are not connected properly. Using that logic, if the airbag light is on, and if the computer senses that the seat belt is disconnected, the air bags might deploy at a substantially higher rate than they would if the circuit were completed through the seat belt and the air bag light.

Might be a bunch of hog wash.... but the [impact] deployment numbers I saw (2000 psi if the sensors think everyhting is ok and something like 4000 psi if the sensor thinks the seat belt is not connected) makes me think twice about doing anything that might disturb the airbags. Any discharge of an airbag is going to hurt.....I don't want it shooting outward toward my face any faster than is absolutley necessary to keep me from getting killed or maimed.

Quick Reply: $911 to fix airbag light problem with bad ground