TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm outta here now . . .
Old 03-22-2005, 12:13 PM
dallasboats
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave, that was cut and pasted from a response given to me by lvdell. Read the bottom, not intended at you.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:17 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I didn't pay for about two months when I first came on, after awhile I realized this was much better than the bling crap forums and paid up. To each his own, but I wouldn't curse you for not contributing, it's purely voluntary. I predict that one day in the future you'll probably find yourself on tha 'paid list'.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:25 PM
redduck996
Burning Brakes

I'm with Doc... I was freeloading for a few months as well, but after all the useful info I got from this site I felt guilty and obligated.. Plus I got neat stickers!!!!
Old 03-22-2005, 12:37 PM
Gretch
Range Master
Pepsie Lite
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1,235 Likes on 755 Posts

The only time I look to see if someone is a paid member is when the poster is bitching about the forum rules or something a mod did.....or is just abusing other posters in general.....otherwise I don't really care. I joined because I get a lot of real value out of this site and so it seemed like the right thing to do. Hell, RennTech won't even let you post an answer if you are not a paid member.....It may be an interesting site, but it is hard for me to tell based on those marketing practices.

I regularily check into all the other 928 content boards and IMO, none of them are in the same league as Rennlist. The Rennlist 928 forum is full of a lot of technical stuff because you can't buy a new 928....that makes it much more valuable to me than the the subject matter generally found on the 996 site......

FWIW, I gladly pay for membership at Rennlist because of the benefits I get as regards my 928, I prolly wouldn't be a paid member if the only thing I got out of this place was 996 content. Just a different perspective......
Old 03-22-2005, 12:57 PM
Rob in WA
Cap'n Insane the Engorged
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dallasboats
Dave, that was cut and pasted from a response given to me by lvdell. Read the bottom, not intended at you.
That was also Dell's response to you insinuating he has sex with sheep.

In context:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...98#post1976998

Sure it's ok to joke around, but sometimes you can cross the line.

And just an FYI John D. hates these kind of threads where members bash on non-members for not paying.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:17 PM
dallasboats
Pro

Yes, that was me being funny. I thought the sheep in heels looked great! The cure is/was a good band and I was just making a joke. Don't make me drag that picture back out................... A certain someone gets very jealous when I post pictures of his girlfriend.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:24 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Not sure what you have against me DALLASBOATS. FYI....I can't see any of you posts except the ones people quote becasue you are on my ignore list. But you have gone on long enough. Most of what I can read is just personal in nature and doesn't belong here. Hence, why so many are sticking up for me.

All I ever said to you was to post that "crap" of the sheep in women's underwear in the OT forum and you went off the deep end from there:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190003

What's funny is that your thread was CLOSED by the moderator and stated the obvious when I asked you to post in OT.....that you can't becasue only paid members can post in OT.

Then again in another thread you felt the need to go after me with an attack that was unwarranted ......as ROB in WA just pointed out: http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforu...998#post1976998

And to make yourself look even more childish, you feel the need to single me out and attack me in threads that I am not even on or have participated in.

You just keep draggin yourself down evertime you feel the need to attack unprovoked.

Do whatever it is you feel makes you feel better inside. I don't care and neither does anybody else here. Like I said, you just keep making yourself look bad.

It's sad that this all started over my comment to you to post crap like that sheep in the OT forum and you felt the need to provoke to which I responded: You know, if you weren't so cheap, you could post that crap in the OT forum, but then again that is only for Rennlist Members.

My apologies for calling you cheap but you really crossed the line.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:29 PM
teflon_jones
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This thread is exactly why this is NOT the best forum on web.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:34 PM
mundman
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=.. Plus I got neat stickers!!!! [/QUOTE]

I'M IN IT FOR THE STICKERS TOO

The info is invaluable to me and yes there hav been some that have gotten on their soap boxes and never looked down except to look down on others. Well, as long as they contribute info I'll listen to them too.

BTW This is great entertainment--THANX

The gods will be displeased
Old 03-22-2005, 01:35 PM
dallasboats
Pro

The sheep was a joke, get over it. I still think it's funny and you acted like a baby, not me. IRL, I'll bet you're a riot.

In all honesty, I think, you think, too much of yourself.

Oh, and you drive a cab.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:44 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Whats wrong with a cab
This is very entertaining and yes i am a paid member
Old 03-22-2005, 01:48 PM
turbo951fan
Racer

I read through a lot of posts and can't see anything which makes sense in regards to the accusations made against LVDell.
He may have overreacted at some point when a picture of a sheep was posted which was suppost to be funny. But not all people have the same sense of humor.

I remember that I felt attacked a few weeks ago by somebody calling me a dreamer about a value of a car.

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum/191348-price-check.html

I felt attacked and this is the important thing. I did not reply as those things usually end ugly.

It turned out that I was right, but what does that mean?

My recommendation:

Before posting something which could be taken as offensive, breath deeply, wait 15 minutes. Read your post again, delete it.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:57 PM
mundman
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Honestly, I appreciate the ability and the freedom to post anything I like and that holds true for ALL of us--maybe it should be on the OT board but WTF--relax. I am still glad to be here and I am glad that you are all here too...GROUP HUG!!!
Old 03-22-2005, 01:58 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Agreed Jeff.

Quick Reply: rennlist is THE BEST FORUM