996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

OT: Gran Turismo 4 is heaven second only to a real 911

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 12:34 AM
evo_333
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought getting the steering wheel was crazy enough until I saw your Playseat... That thing is hardcore... if i had it, i don't know if i would show anyone though -- (i'm an in-the-closet gaming dork)
Old 03-01-2005, 01:48 AM
riotgear
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by evo_333
I thought getting the steering wheel was crazy enough until I saw your Playseat... That thing is hardcore... if i had it, i don't know if i would show anyone though -- (i'm an in-the-closet gaming dork)
The Playseat can fold up and be stored when your cool friends come over. I don't care what you online people think.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:51 AM
riotgear
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by mtb968
Riotgear,

Is that set-up stable? I thought about that one, but am nervous that it is not stable when using the wheel/pedals. Also, is it adjustable so that different people can adjust to their height? Also, Walmart sells that set-up, but maybe only mailorder.

FYI - my game/ps2 is very shaky at times, as if it shakes, then settles. I am wondering if it is my ps2 console (I guess it is). I'm running the component (480p) cables, and might try s-video to see if it clears this up. Anyone know if there is a component selector box to switch between the HDTV cable box and the PS2 for a TV with only one DTV component input?
Yes, the setup is stable and can be adjusted for short and tall people. I have a JVC component selector box. I think I paid $100 for it on eBay.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:57 AM
Greg L.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeeva
I have a question for you and mike, who are using component cables. What annoys me are those white markings on the roads and the billboard signs, they are clear when it's close, but those lines just a few feet away are broken up and flickering,and shifty. Do you guys see the same, it annoys the heck out of me. The game is great, but I still haven't found the perfect place to hook up the logitech setup yet. everything other than a racing seat setup appears to bve inadequate.
No flickering/shifting of the graphics.

Quick Reply: OT: Gran Turismo 4 is heaven second only to a real 911