Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Replacing orange front signal lights with clear ones. Where can i get them?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 10:04 PM
psychoholica
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing orange front signal lights with clear ones. Where can i get them?

Got a 1999 996 and dont care for the orange turn signals on the front headlights. I have seen clear ones out there, where can i get a set?

thx!
Old 02-11-2005, 10:14 PM
programmatore
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

You can buy '00-'01 headlights. They have clear bottoms. I think they're about $450/pair - $600/pair on eBay.

If you have the cash, I strongly recommend upgrading to Xenons with the Litronic Retrofit Kit. I got mine from Brandywine Porsche over a year ago for $1,100. They should be a bit cheaper now. It makes a world of difference.
Old 02-11-2005, 10:49 PM
kristap
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by psychoholica
Got a 1999 996 and dont care for the orange turn signals on the front headlights. I have seen clear ones out there, where can i get a set?

thx!
psychoholica,
I just bought some from Powerbulbs and am really happy with them. You can see some of my pictures
here; I used the Philips Silver Vision PY21W. You can see orange in the pictures, about half way down, but that is a result of the camera flash. The bulbs look silver and blend very well with the rest of the housing. In fact, Powerbulbs were running a special whereby they were giving away a pair of the Philips Blue Vision W5W bulbs (our side marker bulbs) with every order.

They were really great and helped me when I wasn't sure which bulbs to order.

Let me know if I can help,
krista
Old 02-11-2005, 11:23 PM
programmatore
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Krista, I think psychoholica is talking about something else. psychoholica has a '99 and has amber bottoms in the headlights (see picture 1). '00 - '01 headlights have clear bottoms (see picture 2). The Porsche Litronic Retrofit Kit (Xenon) also has clear bottoms.

psychoholica, did I understand your request correctly? BTW, the headlight photos were from eBay. Each headlight (right and left) have starting bids of $100 -- so $200/pair.
Old 02-12-2005, 12:26 AM
kristap
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Programmatore - my bad. Missed that he said '99. Good catch

Quick Reply: Replacing orange front signal lights with clear ones. Where can i get them?