SC EVO Supercharger group buy? TAKE TWO

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 02:43 PM
Eli at Pelican
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC EVO Supercharger group buy? TAKE TWO

Hi there,

I’ve recently taken the lead on a group buy posting after Ivan purchased his new GT3. Hence I need to ask those that are interested contact me directly so I can compile a new list of members that would be interested in going forward at this price.

I don’t have any discount pricing just yet since I don’t have a real number to work with. Many of you have already contacted me with your intentions and ideas. A lot of you have also asked me for pricing right now which is pretty much impossible to give out without a real number of those who are in.

Once I have a good idea of those who are interested I will then be able to give out pricing which should be good for different size groups “just incase we have any fallouts”.

The kits come with CD-ROMs, instructional video, and instruction booklets for the installation but it is highly recommended that you get this installed by a trained professional. I can also suggest whom you can contact locally for an appointment.

Once we can determine who those participates will be we will coordinate with your local facilities for shipping or if you’d prefer we can ship the kit directly to you. As soon as your units ship you will be provided with tracking information immediately.

Should you be HIGHLY interested in the group buy please E-mail me with you contact information as listed below to eli@pelicanparts.com

FULL NAME (INCLUDING LAST)
PHONE (ALTERNATE SUGGESTED)
E-MAIL IF DIFFERENT THAN LISTED
YEAR, MAKE AND MODEL (ENGINE SIZE 3.4 OR 3.6)
COMPLETE ADDRESS (LOCATION WILL HELP DETERMINE LOCAL SHOPS)

If you have any questions regarding pricing please don’t ask since I will not have a complete count for a few days. If you have general questions please feel free to post and I’ll try to reply ASAP M-F to keep everyone informed. I’ll probably let this post go for a week at least to give an opportunity to those to respond. Once I have a strong count I will then contact you all via E-mail to give out pricing depending on the size of the group.

Thanks again for your cooperation,

-Eli
www.pelicanparts.com
Old 01-13-2005, 04:46 PM
RevUrGT3
Racer

Wow, great job Eli. Thanks!

I would have been fun to have the SC!!!
Old 01-13-2005, 05:10 PM
Eli at Pelican
Burning Brakes

Ivan I see you wasted no time in posting your new GT3.....

Looks nice! Have you posted other pics?

-Eli
Old 01-13-2005, 06:14 PM
GT-Racer
Advanced

Hi Eli,

Thanks for taking the lead here. I am interested but need to know more about this product. Some of these questions may have been answered in the past, so I apologize if there is any redundancy. Thanks in advance everyone.

Questions:
1. Is the HP/TQ gain a constant variable on top of the mods you already have on the car?
2. Assuming that you have many mods on your car and a custom ECU program, getting a modified ECU from EVO for a stock car would just not be optimal. I assume it would require fine tuning at the dyno. Has anyone done this? If yes, what type of gains have you observed on your car?
3. The 8000+ RPM range is really helpful at the track. Can you keep the same range with the SC? How does the car pull across the RPM and the gears?
4. Can you adjust the SC for street or for racing (different tracks, diverse requirements)? If anyone is racing with EVO’s SC, I’d be interested in your experience.
5. I understand that once you install the SC, the car would not pass the smog in CA. If this is correct, how do people deal with this problem? Is EVO currently doing something about it? When will this problem be corrected?
6. Besides the HP/TQ number, are there any performance numbers i.e. top speed (for each gear), acceleration, etc. that have been measured professionally?
7. Are there any known issues related to specific mods done prior to installing the SC which could prevent the installation or cause issues?
8. Are there any issues related to maintenance once the SC is installed?
9. What is the weight of the whole SC kit?
10. What is the operating temperature of the SC? Has anyone experience temperature issues under any circumstances?
11. Does anyone have video footage other than what has been posted on EVO’s website? Even better if it’s a track session...
12. For the pioneers, who did your install, how much did it cost and how long did it take?
13. Who in the Bay Area has an SC? I’d love to come by and get a ride...
Old 01-13-2005, 07:03 PM
Sanjeevan
Three Wheelin'

Gt-Racer, is that your car in the avatar, if so, specs. PLEASE.
Old 01-13-2005, 07:06 PM
1999Porsche911
Race Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Gt-Racer: You are best to contact Todd at EVO directly for your answers to your questions.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:54 PM
Eli at Pelican
Burning Brakes

Default Yah....

Originally Posted by 1999Porsche911
Gt-Racer: You are best to contact Todd at EVO directly for your answers to your questions.
Sorry for the delay, I was out picking up a car for the next book.....

1999Porsche911 "Good Idea"

GT, it sounds like you need some tech support and results that only EVO can provide to you directly. I would be more than happy to tell you that in the only 75 996's who have done this upgrade none have blown.... But a conversation with Todd may do a lot.....

Good luck,

-Eli
Old 01-13-2005, 11:20 PM
Cool996
Advanced

What are the california guys going to do about smog? That is one of the main things holding me up. Todd mentioned before that this was coming, but I haven't heard anything in a while.
Old 01-14-2005, 01:56 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

What dealer problems might one expect, aside from the obvious?
Old 01-14-2005, 02:20 AM
ArthurK
Racer

MAF replacement under warranty will be out the window
Blown engine would be out the window
Anything potentially to do with the intake manifold might be out the window?

I told me Porsche centre I was going to do it but didnt warn me about the warranty in any way. I asked them about the RMS and they said it wouldnt be an issue. More info would be greatly appreciated too
Old 01-14-2005, 03:22 AM
GT-Racer
Advanced

Thanks guys, I will definitely call Todd and post what I can find out. I am also very much interested in knowing more about personal experiences, the good and the bad. Thanks again.

Hi Jeeva, that’s my car. I’ll post something in a different thread sometime. Cheers!
Old 01-14-2005, 12:02 PM
Eli at Pelican
Burning Brakes

Default Gentlemen

Gentlemen,

I’ve had a number of you contact me with your information and I’m planning on putting a list out here on the board of how many members I have so far. I’ll do this either late today or on Monday. I’ll only put out your fist name on that list; no personal information will be displayed for your peace of mind.

I’ll refrain from answering technical information at this time. Todd at EVO can answer those questions or concerns you may have.

I’m hoping to give us enough time to generate at least 10 so I can pursue the biggest discount available…..

Thanks again for your cooperation,

Once again if you have any questions regarding this group buy I’ll be more than happy to address them here on the forums or via E-mail at eli@pelicanparts.com.

-Eli
Old 01-14-2005, 04:24 PM
GT-Racer
Advanced

Here are some answers from EVO. Anyone with SC'ed video clips? Thanks.

Q&A
1. Is the HP/TQ gain a constant variable on top of the mods you already have on the car?
- Yes, it will add on top of what you have already done to the car.

2. Assuming that you have many mods on your car and a custom ECU program, getting a modified ECU from EVO for a stock car would just not be optimal. Would it require fine tuning at the dyno?
- Not a problem for stock cars. Need to investigate more for cars that have engine mods such as high-perf. camshafts or eng. displacement upgrades.

3. The 8000+ RPM range is really helpful at the track. Can you keep the same range with the SC?
- Yes.

4. Can you adjust the SC for street or for racing (different tracks, diverse requirements)?
- Yes, it can be done (boost control), but it is not recommended.

5. I understand that once you install the SC, the car would not pass the smog in CA. If this is correct, how do people deal with this problem? Is EVO currently doing something about it? When will this problem be corrected?
- It will pass the smog test, but not the visual inspection. The recommendation is to make the SC install after you pass the inspection and get the 2 year period.

6. Besides the HP/TQ number, are there any performance numbers i.e. top speed (for each gear), acceleration, etc. that have been measured professionally?
- A stock car would reach a top speed of ~190mph, 0-60mph in the low 4s, 1/4mile ~12s.

7. Are there any known issues related to specific mods done prior to installing the SC which could prevent the installation or cause issues?
- Not sure about throttle body, camshafts or engine displacement upgrades.

8. Are there any issues related to maintenance once the SC is installed?
- No.

9. What is the weight of the whole SC kit?
- 50-60lbs including the water.

10. What is the operating temperature of the SC? Has anyone experience temperature issues under any circumstances?
- Runs out of the factory oil system. No issues seen so far.
Old 01-14-2005, 07:06 PM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Received 823 Likes on 269 Posts

Luis is that you? Talk to George or Alex at Akkurat...
Old 01-16-2005, 03:24 PM
Toreador
Menace to Society
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Anybody knows how long the install takes?

Quick Reply: SC EVO Supercharger group buy? TAKE TWO