996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

SC EVO Supercharger group buy? TAKE TWO

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 05:35 PM
dallasboats
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So the kit is now $8k? How much for typical 6 sp. installation?
Old 03-22-2005, 06:14 PM
Eli at Pelican
Burning Brakes

Default SUPERCHARGER!

Originally Posted by C4C_Leon
?? Thought you were Kirby.

Thanks Eli, the car is now fantastic!! I can't believe the power this thing develops.
And the icing on the cake is the improved fuel economy.

Leon, you're very welcome!!! Glad to see everything worked out, nice "cake" you have there.... With $3.00 per gallon coming soon, it's a good argument....

-Eli
Old 03-22-2005, 06:15 PM
Eli at Pelican
Burning Brakes

Talking SUPERCHARGER!

Originally Posted by roberga
Ivan, I made the move as well. Best purchase I have ever made!

dscn1025_copy1.jpg

Ivan,

Glad to see that everything is done on yours too!!!!

COME ON GUYS LETS POST SOME PICS FOR THE LESS FORTUNATE "ME INCLUDED".....

-Eli
Old 03-22-2005, 06:23 PM
Eli at Pelican
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dallasboats
So the kit is now $8k? How much for typical 6 sp. installation?
8K????? Where????

Install should be somewhere around $1000-1700 give or take...... Depends on the amount of time to include Dyno time....

-Eli
Old 03-23-2005, 06:31 AM
Newcomer
AutoX

I bought a pre-owned 2000 996 cab and there is for sure a lack of power in the 1st gear. Cannot even race at the lights with cheaper Jap cars! My car has the upgraded exhaust and a CUP Aerokit. That's it. If I want to facelift to >2002 headlights do I need also to change the front fenders? As for the EVO SC system, if I order from the states, do I have to pay for taxes? I live in HK. And any authorized person to install this system?
Old 03-23-2005, 08:28 PM
Eli at Pelican
Burning Brakes

Talking

Originally Posted by Newcomer
I bought a pre-owned 2000 996 cab and there is for sure a lack of power in the 1st gear. Cannot even race at the lights with cheaper Jap cars! My car has the upgraded exhaust and a CUP Aerokit. That's it. If I want to facelift to >2002 headlights do I need also to change the front fenders? As for the EVO SC system, if I order from the states, do I have to pay for taxes? I live in HK. And any authorized person to install this system?
Hi there and welcome! You're going to need to change out more than just a couple of fenders.. FYI

If you're outside of the state no taxes will be paid when you purchase but it's up to your customs office to deal with taxes on your end. I know they're going to want their cut if you know what I mean.....

As for installation centers your best bet is going to be your dealer or any "Excellent" Porsche shop... The kit comes with at video for installation.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me at: eli@pelicanparts.com

-Eli
Old 03-23-2005, 08:49 PM
dallasboats
Pro

Eli, how much is the charger with your discount? I thought the charger was $10k, so I subtracted $2k??? Thanks.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:54 PM
Eli at Pelican
Burning Brakes

Last group buy was limited so we were only able to get a discount of around 15% for the group....

I was hoping to get a larger group but unfortunately we had around 15 who said they were 95% sure but they soon fell off making it difficult to get the -DEEP- discount I was shooting for....

I'd be open to do an other run if there was enough interest out there......

-Eli
Old 03-23-2005, 11:27 PM
Newcomer
AutoX

Now...the main concern is the modification for the other parts of the car that's needed. Is there requirement in changes in flywheel? tip gearbox? brakes? Any suggestions?

So does that mean it is being quoted at USD10k?
Old 03-24-2005, 01:40 PM
Eli at Pelican
Burning Brakes

If you're interested in an idividual purchase I can still offer pricing out to save some on the purchase.

Regarding other parts that will need replacing I would say it's like anything else.... How much $$$ do you have? I mean it would be great to complete a nice cer-brake set up but who has 20K for that?

To answer your question: All upgrades needed come in the kit which include the center radiator....

-Eli
Old 04-05-2005, 12:46 AM
CarlosR
Instructor

Because of shipping delays and installation delays on my end, I guess I'm about the last of the group to get their SC installed. But I've had it now for several days, and all I can say is WOW! Above 3-4K it feels like a whole new engine. I can't wait to get the car on the track. Suspension mods (probably PSS9) are next on the list.

Thanks, Eli, for pulling the group buy together.... I know it wasn't easy!

=Carlos=
Old 04-05-2005, 01:37 AM
thanatos69
Intermediate

For anyone that hasn't seen Ivan's GT3 in person, its a nice looking ride. Almost made me jealous as all I have is a plain Jane 1999 Carrera 2. *grin*

BTW, Ivan thanks for the deal on the fabspeed Air intake kit and the air filter. I'm loving the better throttle response and the growl at wide open throttle.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:48 PM
Eli at Pelican
Burning Brakes

Carlos,

Glad to see that you've finally installed your SC...... Yes, more than 30 contacts only a small hand-full of you actually got in on the deal..... Pics would be great when you get a moment!

Once again "Your welcome"....

-Eli
Old 04-05-2005, 01:23 PM
RobynC
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very cool to see that some folks took the offer to get this kit. And kudos to Eli for spearheading it...he is owed at least a beer for all his hard work and organization. I hope you guys are enjoying your SC's as much as I am. I drove my car in today...God what a BLAST!!!
Old 04-05-2005, 01:35 PM
Eli at Pelican
Burning Brakes

Talking

Robyn,

Do you ever come donw this way? So. Cal or are you a local "only"?

I'll be in Santa Barbara the third week in April to participate in an event..... How far away is that... too-far?

BTW: A beer would be nice. . . "Not sure how warm it would be once Carlos sent it over...."

-Eli

Quick Reply: SC EVO Supercharger group buy? TAKE TWO