996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Let's share - Show off time >>>

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 12:00 AM
krisd
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Forgot to include a bio with the pictures of the pinewood derby car above (both of my kids absolutely love the Porsche). I have been on this board for about a year now. Purchased a 99 C2 Cab about a year ago. All black with full leather, litronics, 18" sport design wheels, hifi package (if you want to call it that), heated sport seats, parking assist and the hard top. I am the second owner and it was originally delivered in Canada. I assume it is the same as the US model except for the metric issue. This is my first Porsche and the car I have wanted since I learned to drive. My wife had a moment of weakness as I was approaching the big 4-0, so I immediately jumped on the opportunity and went in search. I purchased the car in Texas (eBay) and drove it back to Northern California. That was an unbelievable trip. Wife of 19 years and an 8 year old boy and 5 year old girl. Work in public accounting.

Several mods to date: B&M short shift kit (favorite mod), PSE (still on the fence with this, I am going to either install the switch or get the GLH), auto up/down switch for the hard top, MP3 hard wire input for the Becker, driver and passenger cup holders (made one out of a steel cover for an electical box as a bracket for the holder that mounts to the frame of the drivers seat and the other that mounts to the side of the console one the passenger side, will post pics at some point), new wheel lug bolts, and center console switch for the garage door opener.

The next mods will be a bluetooth hands free cell phone kit, then side skirts and a homelink transmitter connected to the center console switch. I would also like to know where I could get leather visors and just a leather (stitched) lid for the rear console.

I couldn't be any happier with the car. My other passions are golf, water skiing and wakeboarding and home electronics.

This board has been a great resource and somewhat of an addiction. Thanks to everyone for all their input and help.

(I also found an OK picture)

Kris
Attached Images   
Old 03-11-2005, 05:11 PM
itradem
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chad and LVDell,

I bought my lip spoiler from The Racers Group, so I am not sure on that part number. It was called their supercup front lip. I did have to do some minor hole drilling to get everything lined up correctly, but it was no big deal.

I am happy with the change from an appearance stanpoint, but don't think it helped at all with improving downforce on the front end. No worse, but no better.

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 03-11-2005, 07:54 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Jeff, I think the TRG lip is the same as the Porsche Motorsports Supercup lip which is the same as the mK2 lip that I bought. I will need to "relocate" a few holes as well in my GT3 spoiler to accomodate it but the fit is perfect. I will post a thread when I do the install. Like you said, the appearance it much better than the mK1 lip ot sure about the downforce. My guess would be about 25kg.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:03 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Crap weather so I took these from inside my garage. Can't wait for a nice day so I get some better pictures. Oh well don't have a good camera anyways.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:06 AM
Alon
Three Wheelin'

Hey Jumper5836, I'm in my Mississauga office as we type and I swear that I can almost smell spring in the air. Get that bad boy out today!
Old 03-18-2005, 10:33 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Like you I am stuck in a Mississauga office and can't though I can look out the window to see it in the parking lot.
Hopefully this weekend the roads will dry out some and I can take it to my secret bit of road to have some fun.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:41 AM
Alon
Three Wheelin'

This weekend is calling for 2 or 3 degrees (plus side of the zero at least) and rain but who knows, those shmucks have been known to be wrong. You going to track your car this summer?
Old 03-18-2005, 10:59 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

I would like to but not with this car.
I was thinking of getting a 964 for the track but they are hard to come by and way over priced here in Canada. I need to wait about a year financially and then pick up one from a sunny state.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:01 AM
Alon
Three Wheelin'

Why not with the C4s? I used to be worried about throwing that much money around the track and considered a less expensive car for tht purpose but when you think about it, what's the difference which car you bend? It costs no matter what.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:31 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Your right. It does cost no matter what, but one cost less to fix and maintain. Seeing as this is my baby I don't want to devalue her is anyway. I don't think I will ever be able to afford another new porsche in my life so this one is going to have to last. If I had the money I wouldn't care but that isn't the case and if it were the case I would be doing it with a 996 TT.

I really do love older model 911s and love the look almost more then the new look and having a new one and older one is kinda a dream of mine that one day will come true.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:33 AM
Alon
Three Wheelin'

Don't get me wrong, if money was no object, I'd have an early 70s RS replica for weekends/track and then I probably wouldn't need or want my 996 and get something for a daily driver. I have always loved the traditional 911 land 930 ook.
Old 03-18-2005, 06:24 PM
jdearth
AutoX

Default Another newbie car

Ok, I'll bite. Here's my '99 C2 Cab that I just bought in Florida. Full carbon/supple leather interior, nav unit, and other goodies. I'm 54 and an investment banker residing in Washington, DC. This is my 2nd Porsche. My first was a 1960 356 Super 90 Coupe (guards red) that I sold a few years back. Big difference in performance, of course, but the "heritage" is unsmistakeable.
Attached Images  
Old 03-18-2005, 11:30 PM
krisd
Instructor

jdearth, must say I like your choice of cars. You will really like it. Do you have a cover of some sort on your head lights? If so, where did you get them and do they fit the litronics?

Kris
Old 03-19-2005, 01:27 AM
DonW-Cape Cod
R.I.P.
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Welcome to RENNLIST jdearth..., oh, and BTW. nice ride!
Old 03-19-2005, 04:32 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Ok, here are some pics out of the garage, roads were dry enough and was a pretty good morning. Temp was cool enough to keep the ground from un-thawing and making the roads all wet.

Quick Reply: Let's share - Show off time >>>