996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Let's share - Show off time >>>

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 03:45 PM
Alon
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Come back to Toronto Rhamy. The weather is worse, the roads are terrible and traffic is enough to make you want to kill yourself. Why would you want to stay in your little paradise? There are plenty of Porsche drivers to get to know here.

Last edited by Alon; 01-11-2005 at 04:08 PM.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:46 PM
Tim Wasmer
Race Car

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Here is my 02 C4S. I live in the Denver Area. This is my second PCar. I love it! I have a Techart front coming soon for it

Old 01-11-2005, 09:03 PM
kilrgt
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Not Much to me

Ok OK ill join in too

Im 33 Lived in the Toronto Area ALL of my life , I am married NO kids( Just a puppy does that count) I work for the steel industry. 2004 996 C2, Aero kit, H&R lowering Kit, TT front bumper(thanks Alon) Large Alu Int package.. DVD in dash and a whole bunch of other things i cant remember...Oh Sport desigh Rad wheels.....Most of the parts will be installed spring. Ya know how hard it is not to put it on now.....We do get winters unlike some of our friends south of the border

AND I LOVE PIZZA
Attached Images    
Old 01-11-2005, 09:23 PM
Poe
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay,
I’m one of the N00bs on this site, I’m 41, lived in various countries around the planet, a Virgo, enjoy long walks on the beach, watching sunsets, things with wheels that go fast, and um yes I’m an engineer.

I’ve attached a couple of pics of some of my current toys. The Carrera is my second P-car, the first being a ’00 Boxster and my other ride is an ‘03 530i which, thankfully, was one of the last months production of the ‘classic’ styling – no whyDrive for me thanks. In 17,000 miles the Beemers already had a secondary air pump, steering rack and gear, and various headlamps replaced under warranty. I’m hoping Porsche’s low cost supply chain is better than BMW’s, but time will tell.
Attached Images    
Old 01-11-2005, 09:34 PM
mtb968
Instructor

Mike from Hillsborough, NC (chapel hill). Purchased my 01 C4 cab in October after being without a Porsche for 1 year. Previous car was a 968cab, which I regretfully sold. Married without kids (yet, wife's got the bug). Anyone interested in a drive in my neck of the woods, let me know...

Seal Grey
Supple Leather
Adv Technic
Sport Designs
seat crests
rain sensor
--in need of good performance and interior mods...
Old 01-11-2005, 09:38 PM
Lapis911
Intermediate

This is my old Porsche. I sold it about a month ago . I plan on getting a new 997 . I've been a Rennlist member for about 6 months. I live in Southern California and I'm an engineer.

Old 01-11-2005, 10:34 PM
Chads996
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome doods!

Keep 'em come in!

Chad
Old 01-11-2005, 10:45 PM
KY_soldier
Racer

Eric here. 31, married, no kids (workin' on it). First P-car was the Boxster in 99. Cay TT came last Nov, C4 cab two months ago. I am an Army Reserve Officer currently mobilized at CENTCOM in FL. Spent all of 03 in the desert fighting a war. When I am not called up, I work for the #1 PC (and technology) company in the world :-) Originally from MA, live in KY now (but here in FL till May, tough job, but someone had to do it). Also have a liking for Bimmers. Got the new 5 this Mar (Euro Delivery).
Old 01-11-2005, 10:51 PM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No matter how many Porsche I see, I still love these threads. You guys have some great cars.

I'm the CIO for a finance company in the twin cities. Here are pics of my two p-cars. I also have a RR 4.6 HSE that's a little unique in that it has a lift kit and oversized tires. Go figure.

The 996 is a 99 that has been updated to club race as a 2004. It has a 3.6L X51 with LSD. The suspension is Moton dual adjustable with monoballs etc. The wheels are Jongbloeds. The v2.0 on the side is a joke that grew out of the fact that I completely destroyed it at the end of the 2003 season at Road America. (another driver's error) Now it's better than ever.

We had a great time at VIR last fall sharing the weekend with the GrandAm cars. Talk about a bunch a beatiful 996 to drool over. They are very similar to what we race in PCA.

The 993 is just for cruising.
Attached Images    
Old 01-11-2005, 11:36 PM
Cay-ute
Addict
Rennlist Member

Cay-Ute Was Good In 2004 So Santa Brought Him This::

http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/03c4cab.jpg

03 C4 Cab
Navigation
Tiptronic
PSE
All Leather
PSE

This is the first time I have tried to display a picture and I have probably screwed it up!!
Old 01-11-2005, 11:53 PM
rss997
Three Wheelin'

Wow, am I the only early 30's with 3 kids.....

34 with 3 kids, wife and my first dog died in June! I own a Real Estate and Mortgage company and live in paradise, San Diego!

Got my first P-car Sept of 03...2000 C2 with 11k miles on it. I love it and have been auto crossing it and really learning to drive it. I have put new 5 spoke wheels, a kick *** stereo and som interior mods. I have put 11k miles on it in 1.5 years with no problems.

Will post a pic tomorrow!

Robert
Old 01-12-2005, 12:37 AM
Ekename
Pro

I've posted these pictures before but I'll upload 'em again.

I'm 35 and live in Houston. I'm married with two children, both girls. I'm a management consultant.

Hobbies include: Motorsport (esp. F1, I'm a big McLaren fan), books (my degree is in English), playing with my Children, and wasting time in online forums

I'll share a little about how I bought my car...

I've been wanting a Porsche since I was about 7 years old. My uncle was a Porsche salesman for a while during the late 70s and I fell in love with the 911. When the Boxster came out I considered getting one but a two seater wasn't practical for my family of four.

My previous car was an '03 Saab 93 Convertible (which is a pretty fun little car). The water pump was leaking so I took it to the dealer to have it replaced. Since the job was going to take the better part of a day I left the car and took a loaner. Later that day my wife and I went back to the dealership to collect the Saab. They weren't quite done so while I waited she went and had a browse on the lot.

She came in and told me there was a Porsche on the lot. Now this woman has put up with my constant talk about buying a Porsche the whole time we've been married (11.5 years) and was pretty sick of the whole thing. She also loved the Saab so when she told me to take it for a test drive I was pretty surprised. I took it for a spin and really liked it. It was clean, no dings, good paint, etc. Still, I didn't think she'd go for it. Then she took it for a drive. That pretty much sealed the deal. One carfax and mechanical inspection later I was an owner!

After a month in the car the only things I'm planning to chage are the Becker stereo (which is just shameful) and the wheel bolts (which are rusty and shameful). That said, I'm afraid of catching the "mod virus" which I hear is quite contagious.

Probably more than y'all wanted to know...

Tim
Attached Images  
Old 01-12-2005, 12:45 AM
rrys
Advanced

Here is my 1999 C4 on the day I bought it 2 years ago. My first and only P-Car. The second photo is my garage/shop. I have mostly owned German cars, VW's, old Benz diesels, 5 series BMW's, (my BMW535i has 270,000 miles) an Audi A4, but did have a 66 Chevelle SS396, 65 Ford Mustang, F150, and a few Honda Accords. I learned car maintenance as an economic necessity. Also a member of BMWCCA.

I am 52, married (only one wife, 3 kids) chemical/electrical engineer, worked for 20 years with Foxboro Co designing industrial control systems mostly for Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Oil, and Gas industry. I run my own 1-man company engineery/consulting on process and control systems. Interested in our future energy problems, technical, and ecological/environmental issues. Designed and built my own solar house.

I have 40K miles, 1 RMS at 32K, added center radiator. Otherwize just do maintenance by the book.

http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/rys_c4.jpg
http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/rys_shop.jpg
http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/rys_c4a.jpg
Attached Images   
Old 01-12-2005, 12:56 AM
rhodyrandy
Intermediate

Default 99 C2 Cab

Here is my 99 C2 Cab...

Stock except:
Fabspeed Exhaust
Porsche Short Shift Kit

This is my second P Car...had an 86 944 Turbo years ago. Just came from an 03' S2000 though (miss it). Only have room for one extra car in the garage.
Attached Images  
Old 01-12-2005, 01:37 AM
RobynC
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love these threads...

Quick Reply: Let's share - Show off time >>>