996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Thinking of switching insurance ...

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 08:04 PM
kristap
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hadn't ever given any thought to the Farm Bureau. Just went to their site and didn't see anything about farm-based eligibility. I emailed them to see what they offer though it sounds like you (smshirk) had a great agent looking out for you.
Old 01-11-2005, 12:31 AM
jb26jb
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Speed I would dump that pacesetter umbrella as fast as possible. They are the absolute worst if you ever have to make a claim. Besides you can actually save money if you drop your limit to a 300k/300k and pick up the 1mil umbrell from Geico. Umbrella's are much cheaper then raising your liability limits.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:05 AM
smshirk
Three Wheelin'

kristap,

I did, but I had Farm Bureau insurance three different times in three different counties (the way they split territories) and all of them were really good to work with. Back in late 70s I was mowing the yard, hit a rock and it threw a piece of it into the side of my 914. I didn't have collision or comprehensive on it at the time, I had made 1 out of 2 and it wasn't worth much even in those days, but they covered it under my homeowners. I got nearly enough to get the whole car painted and it was pretty tired anyway.
Old 01-11-2005, 05:45 PM
jaxxon
Intermediate

Check out this insurance nightmare I am trapped in right now: the dealership that I last month purchased my Porsche from as a courtesy took it in for its insurance examination (some photos they now requre in NYS.) My carrier (Geico) sees someone else's name on the examination documents and it raises an underwriters flag! The cost of my insurance triples and they actually ADDED his name to my policy!!! Now I'm trying to get them to understand that he works for the dealership and doesn' t live in my house!!! ugh...

As long as I can get this straigtened out, I still wouldn't switch from Geico. They have always given me the best rates and coverage.

Quick Reply: Thinking of switching insurance ...