996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Shipping a Porsche...

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2004, 12:44 AM
Fast40th
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And make sure your car is covered during transport. I've heard many horror stories of cars getting all sorts of debris and fluids from cars above them that have left permanent damage to the paint surface.

Inercity or Horseless Carriage are the way to go. And don't be cheap... it can get very expensive otherwise.

Cheers.
Old 11-25-2004, 08:39 AM
blkc4sny
Instructor

Intercity is the way to go. I sold and shipped my 850ci to LA and I was impressed at the amount of detail in the way they loaded and secured the car!
Old 11-25-2004, 09:08 AM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Use Intercity. Besides being a great transport company they are also a Rennlist Sponsor. It will probably run around $1200.00. They did a super job bringing my 993 from AZ to Atl. You won't be disappointed.

Horseless Carriage also has a very good rep. About the same pricing.

Good luck and my condolences on your loss.
Old 11-26-2004, 08:42 PM
Speed
Pro

Originally Posted by SYMA
and nary a scratch on the car.

Doesn't nary mean they actually DID scratch the car...but not that bad ??

No . . . according to Webster's New World Dictionary, "nary" means "not any".
Old 11-27-2004, 09:14 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

My vote goes to Intercity as well. They brought my race car from Miami to TX and did a super job. My mechanic who was there on the delivery he commented how organized and carefull the driver was. He was duly impressed and so was I.
Old 11-27-2004, 12:29 PM
Berkley
Burning Brakes

Default Two

I have used both Horseless Carriage and InterCity many times.....PCNA put me in touch with both years ago.....not cheap but superior service from either
Old 11-27-2004, 12:47 PM
wwest
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Dilema...

I have an offer to get my car on the track prior to the 24 hour race this coming Feb. Consign my "baby" to a car mover, EXTREME reluctance. Drive it, in January, from Seattle to Daytona...EXTREME reluctance!

Thinking about trailering it behind a MH, heading south first, and then I10 east.

But then yaw'l come along and tell me that some of the car movers are very good.

Maybe.
Old 11-27-2004, 01:17 PM
Poursha
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wwest
Dilema...

I have an offer to get my car on the track prior to the 24 hour race this coming Feb. Consign my "baby" to a car mover, EXTREME reluctance. Drive it, in January, from Seattle to Daytona...EXTREME reluctance!

Thinking about trailering it behind a MH, heading south first, and then I10 east.

But then yaw'l come along and tell me that some of the car movers are very good.

Maybe.
Of your 3 options above, I would definitely have it transported, but only with a top tier company in an enclosed trailer. Either Horseless Carriage or InterCity are great. The times I used Horseless Carriage, my car was the least expensive one on the truck by a long shot! I always ask for a top load to play it safe.

I actually think you would risk more damage to your car with your other 2 options.

Quick Reply: Shipping a Porsche...