996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Highline Wheels in FL are crooks!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2004, 02:50 PM
vove
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Highline Wheels in FL are crooks!!!!

Recently got some wheels from HIGHLINE WHEELS in FLORIDA and I can tell you that they have nasty service. Their wheels looks like nothing from the advertised ones and it was missing a center cap which I called in to report but they thought that I was lying to them. These guys have to be the worst people selling wheels out there. Its been 4 months and I have yet to receive the centercap and get the runaround when I call in to check the stats. I was qouted 50 dollars for the sticker that goes on the cap and was charged 80 dollars. What the is this.

Lesson learned here, never go cheap and try to buy knockoffs or run into fools like this trying to run a crooked bussiness. I waisted money and got some crappy made wheels on top of that nasty a** service.

-be careful, they are all over EBAY.
Old 11-19-2004, 03:52 PM
jetskied
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear your problems. What kind of wheels did you get and how much did they cost as you said you got ripped off?
Old 11-19-2004, 04:18 PM
vove
Burning Brakes

I've bought these BBS LM replicas from them through an ebay transaction. The wheels are 2 pounds heavier than the originals but Im sure they are not as solid. Paid 1300 for them without the tires +200 more for shipping. The ones shown on the pictures were clean but the ones I've got are not(designer defects?).

_I should have known, you get what you paid for!! Never buy replicas again.
Old 11-19-2004, 06:08 PM
itradem
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Any pics of the wheels?
Old 11-19-2004, 06:17 PM
ventoGT
Three Wheelin'

There is a guy on eBay that is in Florida--Porschewheelguy is his ID--I just bought some MY02s for my 993 and they are terrific. They are OEM Porsche wheels, got the Painted Centercaps and valve stems, and he gave me credit for my 17" Cup wheels that I sent back to him. His name is Rich McSweeney and his number is 561-272-1275 if you would like to see if he can help you--I highly recommend him since he did such a good job with my deal....of course, no affiliation...
Old 11-19-2004, 06:21 PM
ventoGT
Three Wheelin'

Also, check out the 993 board and look for the Thread entitled "My new BBS GT wheels"...there appear to be a set in great condition that someone is selling for $1,000...good luck
Old 11-19-2004, 06:24 PM
washington951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ernies alloys sells on ebay as well and has great feedback ratings. i have not purchased from him, so no personal interaction - just an observation.
Old 11-20-2004, 11:09 PM
Chronos
Advanced

I recently picked up a set of Turbo II wheels from arrowwheelandtire on eBay. Great customer service and the wheels are phenomenal (made in Italy and have the TUG(?) approval stamp). Got them installed and the tire shop guy told me they were of great quality, and was amazed at how little they needed in the way of weights.

Vove, is this the same set of wheels you had on your car for the "The Plains" run a few weeks ago?

Quick Reply: Highline Wheels in FL are crooks!!!!