996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Body shop in San Jose/San Mateo area?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 01:41 PM
sfc4s
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Body shop in San Jose/San Mateo area?

Does anyone know of a great body shop in the SJ/San Mateo area?

I had a crazed bicycler kick my door last night. I was pulling into the driveway at work last night and couldn't see this guy riding his bike and wearing dark sweats (dimly lit street). I apparently cut in front of him (he had enough time/room to go around the rear of my car, so that means I wasn't that dangerously close to him, just annoyingly close). He then followed me into the parking lot and decided that he'd take it out on my driver's door. I had to chase him down and call the SJ police. I was amazed at how fast the SJ cops got to the scene (< 10 mins - thanks guys!)! If it were in SF, I would have waited at least two hours!

I totally understand how this guy felt. I've been cut off many times on my motorcycle and bike, but I've never taken it out on someone's car. He did agree that he over-reacted and that he'd pay for the damage, but now I'm stuck with an 9 month-old car with a scratched up driver's door and the high probability that the car's value will be decreased due to any repaint.

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-16-2004, 02:02 PM
Poursha
Addict
Rennlist Member

Bodystyle in San Jose did a great job respraying the front bumper on my last Carrera. They specialize in Porsches and do a lot of restoration work. They use Galsurit paint (same as factory). Very expensive, though. Cecil Beach is the owner--408-436-1616.
Old 11-16-2004, 02:21 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 396 Likes on 271 Posts

I feel for you. I thiink that the door can be easily be repaired and no value will be lost. Ask Akkurat in Menlo Park for a good body shop - one who constantly works on Porsches.
Old 11-16-2004, 04:40 PM
rpratt
Advanced

I've been very happy with Matthew Carlsen in Palo Alto, at Embarcadero and 101. I've never had them work on my Porsche, though, but I've had quite a bit of painting done on a BMW and an Integra.
Old 11-16-2004, 06:20 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

German Auto Body in San Jose (Steven's Creek work)
EMC Fremont (Claridge's work)

Both excellent!
Old 11-16-2004, 07:45 PM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Received 819 Likes on 265 Posts

EMC ask for Shawn.
Old 11-17-2004, 05:31 PM
sfc4s
AutoX

Thanks for the suggestions! One shop said that I can get by with a paintless dent removal and letting the detailer polish out 80% of the scratches. I think I'll go that way instead of getting the door repainted. Now let's see if the guy will pay for it!

Quick Reply: Body shop in San Jose/San Mateo area?