NSX or C2 996?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 03:26 PM
DoubleNutz
USMarine
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 38 Posts
Cool Customer Satisfaction

NSX is not anywhere on the list of Honda Cars. I can personally vouch for the Customer Satisfaction effort of Porsche as I did have an RMS failure while my 996C4 was out of warrenty. I took it back to the dealer a year after the warrenty expired and Porsche repaired the RMS failure (gave me a new engine, seal failure was way out of spec to reuse factory engine), put me a Cayenne loaner for a week, for NO CHARGE. Try that at a Honda dealership...but take your wallet with you!

Last edited by DoubleNutz; 11-17-2004 at 03:48 PM.
Old 11-17-2004, 03:30 PM
DoubleNutz
USMarine
Rennlist Member

Default Vehicle Dependabilty Study (VDS)

As far as Sports cars go the Porsche 911 is No.1 again and places ahead of the Honda S2000 (the NSX is not even in the top 3).

Old 11-17-2004, 04:10 PM
dallasboats
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IF YOU HAVE TO ASK, THEN YOU SHOULD PICK THE ACCORD, umm, I mean the nsx.
Old 11-17-2004, 06:51 PM
ScottS
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys are horrible. Any time someone offers a sincere question and a different view point you slam and insult them in a variety of ways for not towing the P cars party line.

Both Cars have advantages and disadvantages. Both are fun cars in their way. No one can tell you which to buy. You have to decide on which you like. Because even if car A costs less to repair, the first time you shell out money, you'll be resentful. On ther other hand if you really want car P but the thought of 5K in repairs ( low probability but real) or 4-600 for routine maintenance, you'll be unhappy also.

I could buy a Ferrari Modena or 355 instead of my C4s. BUT the idea a not so unlikely maintenance would force me to shell out 1500-3000 makes me uncomfortable. Not that I could not afford it but that I choose not to put myself in that position. When I was a resident I had a 86.5 928S. My mechanic told me to anticipate 2000-3000 in upkept and repairs/year. Yes the buy in was low, but the upkeep was steep. THAT IS WHY THE RESALE VALUE FELL TO WHERE IT WAS. As these cars age, they will need work. Period. That will be expensive.

Buy what you want and can afford. Then tell us and send pictures. If you don't like it , sell it and get the other. It's a car not a marriage.
Old 11-17-2004, 06:57 PM
DoubleNutz
USMarine
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ScottS
You guys are horrible. Any time someone offers a sincere question and a different view point you slam and insult them in a variety of ways for not towing the P cars party line.

Both Cars have advantages and disadvantages. Both are fun cars in their way. No one can tell you which to buy. You have to decide on which you like. Because even if car A costs less to repair, the first time you shell out money, you'll be resentful. On ther other hand if you really want car P but the thought of 5K in repairs ( low probability but real) or 4-600 for routine maintenance, you'll be unhappy also.

I could buy a Ferrari Modena or 355 instead of my C4s. BUT the idea a not so unlikely maintenance would force me to shell out 1500-3000 makes me uncomfortable. Not that I could not afford it but that I choose not to put myself in that position. When I was a resident I had a 86.5 928S. My mechanic told me to anticipate 2000-3000 in upkept and repairs/year. Yes the buy in was low, but the upkeep was steep. THAT IS WHY THE RESALE VALUE FELL TO WHERE IT WAS. As these cars age, they will need work. Period. That will be expensive.

Buy what you want and can afford. Then tell us and send pictures. If you don't like it , sell it and get the other. It's a car not a marriage.
Hmmm, not completely certain why we are gettin an azz chewing for stating our opinions (that were requested) and having a little fun while we are at it but, OKAY...I can do boring.
Old 11-19-2004, 12:36 AM
dallasboats
Pro

blah, blah, get off your soap box and relax. I'm justing jabbing. What do you think would happen if one of us went to an NSX site and said, duh i'm thinking about buying a Porsche vs an NSX.......... Same result, different corner. Ask and you shall recieve!
Old 11-20-2004, 12:03 AM
ScottS
Instructor

Yeah Jabber on. Ask and get an opinion. But I remember when one's opinion did not include a slight against one's manhood, wallet, driving ability or wife/girlfriend. I am relaxed but try to stay relevant.

Hey you don't have to tell us that you can do boring, we already knew it.
Old 11-20-2004, 12:14 AM
DoubleNutz
USMarine
Rennlist Member

Yeah Jabber on. Ask and get an opinion. But I remember when one's opinion did not include a slight against one's manhood, wallet, driving ability or wife/girlfriend. I am relaxed but try to stay relevant.

Hey you don't have to tell us that you can do boring, we already knew it.

Burp!!! Uhhhh, Scott... you got a crimp in your nipples man. Becuase we were hav'n a little fun here until you arrived to joy kill. Dude do us a favor and find another thread where someone wants to stroke yer feelings and to be nice to ya. We are not interested in having ya spewm puke all over our discussion here.
Old 11-20-2004, 01:07 AM
ScottS
Instructor

Jabber on man. You have your opinion, crude and rude as it is. Pull your own finger. No joy kill for you. You're the one spewing puke all over. I was giving an opinion on the topic. That's how you earned your divorce notches right? Your charm and wit as well as tolerance. Thanks for sharing.
Hey what was your opinion again? If you have to ask you can't afford it? Nice. WTF. Get a life and a brain. Not my feelings putz, the guy who asked the question. People like you don't even show up on my radar. Sorry.

If you feel better being an azz, be it. You don't bother me.

BTW The color of your car, if that is your car, is ugly, really ugly. Expensive waste of money and taste. That's my opinion. DUDE. And you're repeating that sorry azz choice in your new one, eh? No capable of an original idea? You're the guy with one idea who keeps repeating it DUDE. Puke on yourself in your ugly car. Then repeat in your 997S.
Old 11-20-2004, 01:13 AM
DoubleNutz
USMarine
Rennlist Member

Jabber on man. You have your opinion, crude and rude as it is. Pull your own finger. No joy kill for you. You're the one spewing puke all over. I was giving an opinion on the topic.
Hey what was your opinion again? If you have to ask you can't afford it? Nice. WTF. Get a life and a brain. Not my feelings putz, the guy who asked the question. People like you don't even show up on my radar. Sorry.

If you feel better being an azz, be it. You don't bother me.

BTW The color of your car, if that is your car, is ugly, really ugly. Expensive waste of money and taste. That's my opinion. DUDE. And you're repeating that sorry azz choice in your new one, eh? No capable of an original idea? You're the guy with one idea who keeps repeating it DUDE. Puke on yourself in your ugly car. Then repeat in your 997S.

OK dude... I give up that was a funny post...

Especially the part where you qouted me- "Hey what was your opinion again? If you have to ask you can't afford it? Nice. "

LOL, I said (wrote) that? Damn, I must be toot'n my own gas because I sure as heck don't remember it.

Then the ugly car comment, that was especially a blast, becuase you have a Zen Blue 996 in your avatar.
Old 11-20-2004, 05:11 AM
dallasboats
Pro

Wow, calm down little man, no need to prove yourself here. I don't think anyone cares............ We were joking and here you are acting like the *** you're calling us. HUH, who owns a Porsche, not you, likely. Take your Accord home and park next to your firend with the NSX. You two can swap parts and kisses.
Old 11-20-2004, 05:23 AM
Stevo'99
Three Wheelin'

Hey, you two - get a room! Things are calmer than this in the OT forum these days.
Old 11-20-2004, 11:32 AM
DoubleNutz
USMarine
Rennlist Member

Talking

Originally Posted by dallasboats
Wow, calm down little man, no need to prove yourself here. I don't think anyone cares............ We were joking and here you are acting like the *** you're calling us. HUH, who owns a Porsche, not you, likely. Take your Accord home and park next to your firend with the NSX. You two can swap parts and kisses.
Hey dallas man---I hear ya brutha, we are "just getting our joke on" together and this guy not only crashes our party, he drank up our liquor, smoked our last joint, pulled my finger a few times, insulted us as he left our house, then called the cops!!!

I don't understand the gall of some folks. You think maybe I should not have let him pull the old pooter tooter...maybe...huh?
Old 11-17-2006, 11:08 AM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 197 Posts

I just sold my NSX to a friend after driving his 02 996 and bought a 996. After driving both I prefer a 996,also sold my 993.
Old 11-17-2006, 02:22 PM
dallasboats
Pro

These threads are funny! I have $220 allocated for my car payment and insurance each month. I am 18. Which car should I buy, a Lexus (they're all the same), a Ferrari 308, or a Porsche 996? Reliability is very important as I can barely make the $220 payment. What should I do? I'm leaning towards Magnum's 308 because he is cool and he promised the car is $0 maintenance. I wanted an NSX but have changed my mind because you guys influenced my purchase decision. BTW, I keep getting offers from a board memeber to purchase a beat up stang and a zo6. I can not afford either of these options as they are too expensive and cool for me. Instead I must use all of my extra grocery sacking tips for my reading/writing classes.

Quick Reply: NSX or C2 996?