Sponsored by:

Remote Control Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 04:52 PM
normlguy
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Control Question

I just purchased an '02 C2 from a dealer, w/ very low miles. I've looked around on the various posting sites for an answer to these minor questions, but to date, haven't found anything:

(1) What is the range of the remote control for purposes of locking and unlocking the car? In my limited experience to date, I've got to be within a foot or two of the driver's side door to lock/unlock the car, otherwise the remote doesn't work. I can lock/unlock my Bimmer from 10-15 feet away with BMW's remote; is the proximity issue w/ my Porsche the result of a weak key battery, or a design "feature" of the Porsche locking system?

(2) I have a similar issue w/r/t the trunk of the Porsche: I have not yet been able to unlock the trunk at all with the remote, though it unlocks without problems by using the button on the door sill. I assume that there shouldn't be any problems standing at the front of the car and using the remote to unlock the trunk if the key battery is fresh. Is this so, or must I be standing at or near the driver's side door to unlock the trunk by remote?

Other than this minor issue, the car is phenomenal. I've never had so much fun driving. I now appreciate the difference between a sport sedan and a sports car. Thanks in advance for your response.

Quick Reply: Remote Control Question