996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Would I be selling too cheap?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 01:03 AM
lexpilot
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I advertised my 993 starting last September 1993. Prices deteriorated badly through December or so. Interest started picking up about February and I sold my 993 in Mid March. The good news is that I was shopping for a 996 myself starting in February and when I got a buyer for the 993 I had already looked at 20 different 996 cars.
If it was my Arena Red 996 I would take the $42K. You have a low mile car but the color appeals to a less number of buyers than say, Guards Red, etc.
I was not looking for an Arctic Silver car. However, this car was in the best condition of any car I looked at and in a Porsche I really felt that had to be the determining factor. As it turns out there are many who WANT Arctic Silver, it's not my first choice. But I'm really happy with the car because of the condition.
When I buy a Lexus, or Duramax, or Avalon color is a much bigger factor in the decision. But the opportunity for those cars to be abused is less.
My (broken) crystal ball says that 996 prices will not come back as strong in the spring of 2005 because there will be 997's out on the street and nobody will mistake my used 996 for a new one as it happens to me know.

Quick Reply: Would I be selling too cheap?