996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Celebrating my 5th RMS

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 12:55 PM
Tool Pants
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, Jean just emailed me. His "new" engine when in on Friday. Jean was told he was going to get a new engine after the 2 rebuilts. Instead Porsche sent another rebuilt. Jean thinks what he was told was to keep him quiet.

The mechanic did not have the time to test drive it on Friday so Jean has not picked it up yet.
Old 09-13-2004, 01:03 PM
Scouser
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's bloody awful. My best are they are running out of engines and only have rebuilds left.
Porsche are seriously F*&ked up with this issue. I just winder if their shareholders are aware that
this is all going to blow up in their face sooner or later.
Old 09-13-2004, 02:19 PM
Tool Pants
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jean has gone throught this before so he is not stupid, He looked at the part number on the box the engine came in (engine was already in the car and they use the box to send back the old engine) and the part number ended in an X which means it is rebuilt. It also had green paint on the engine.

He then asked the service advisor why he did not get a new engine as promised. Was told Porsche no longer makes new engines in his size. Maybe the only new engines they make are now for the 987s that are due to come out. Who knows.

Quick Reply: Celebrating my 5th RMS