Sponsored by:

Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 11:19 AM
Jaws
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Impressions

Well, after a week in the new C4S Cab, the following are my impressions of how the car compares to the 40th Anniversary car that I had originally:

- The 40th is definately faster. While I have not driven the C4S hard, there is a noticeable difference in quickness.

- The handling feel of the C4S is a much more planted, heavier feel as compared to the lite and somewhat jumpy nature of the 40th.

- The ride is much smoother in the C4S Cab, not as harsh, more of a luxury feel

- I miss having a broken-in car that I can wind out and get the rush of driving with, but I am following the break-in schedule recomended by Porsche with the C4S.

- The sport shifter in the 40th has a much better feel than the standard shifter in the new car. I will switch to a B-N shifter I believe.

Overall, the two cars are drastically different, but both are a blast to drive. I will wait until the end of next summer and upgrade to a 997 s, as the bugs will be worked out by then.
Old 09-08-2004, 12:07 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jaws,

I have a brand new B&M short shift kit I can sell you. PM or e-mail for details.

Thanks,

TD in DC
Old 09-09-2004, 11:45 PM
Gery NJ
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since you have not finishing break-in, I would discount quickness comments. Also cab has much more flex than coupe.
Sounds like great car, enjoy

Quick Reply: Impressions