Sponsored by:

996 electric seat drive shaft

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2024, 03:22 PM
dspcole
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 996 electric seat drive shaft

It appears that the drive shaft in the seat has come undone. Before I pull the seat and start exploring I wanted to find some info/videos that might be of help but I can’t find anything.
Any suggestions?
Old 08-30-2024, 03:29 PM
steam_mill
Burning Brakes

Received 286 Likes on 162 Posts

I had the same thing happen to me. the rear up and down stopped working. I shoved the flex shaft back in the hole - a clip was broken. I used some metal tape to hold it as a tie strap was not an option. Works fine - no issue. I didn't have to remove the seat either. Did it with the seat in the car and used my cell phone to take pictures to see where the hole was. Very easy.

I too couldn't find anything online.
Old 08-30-2024, 03:33 PM
dspcole
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by steam_mill
I had the same thing happen to me. the rear up and down stopped working. I shoved the flex shaft back in the hole - a clip was broken. I used some metal tape to hold it as a tie strap was not an option. Works fine - no issue. I didn't have to remove the seat either. Did it with the seat in the car and used my cell phone to take pictures to see where the hole was. Very easy.

I too couldn't find anything online.
i have felt under the seat ( from the back seat) and really can’t feel any place to stick the cable in. Any hints? Left side? Right side? Position fore and aft or side to side?
tia

Quick Reply: 996 electric seat drive shaft