996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

PCNA Customer Service is Horrible

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2004, 08:27 AM
SPT
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a great relationship with my dealer! They are on my side! They are out of funds to work on the car until PCNA kicks money. I never said they did not try to fix the car. I said they were never able to fix the car. Before the car left warrantee the car spent 6 weeks at Porsche. They could not resolve the issues.

The courts will make them try again. If they fail they will be obligated to buy the car back. That is NH law according to PCNA and my attorney.

Scott
Old 06-13-2004, 10:19 AM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

WAKEUP Save yourself grief and $$$'s, dump it. and buy a New Car, not a used POS.
I'am sure your attorney won't be this honest..ca-ching
Old 06-13-2004, 10:25 AM
SPT
Advanced

There is truth to what you say! Unfortunately for me I am an idealist! I believe that a contract is to be followed. Porsche attached a 4 year 50k bumper to bumper warrantee on this car. Contractually they own all documented failures which occurred before leaving the warrantee period.

I would hate to dump the car on another person as well... Again a fault of mine!

Scott
Old 06-13-2004, 12:46 PM
TurboMark
Pro

It will be fun to watch this one unfold ... over the next 12 - 18 months!
Old 06-13-2004, 01:11 PM
SPT
Advanced

I agree! I will be posting and emailing / writing all over the country. I have stopped driving the car at this point as well. It will sit in my garage until this is resolved...

Regards,
Scott
Old 06-13-2004, 06:07 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 904 Likes on 532 Posts

You bought a used car from a private individual, it has 60,000 miles on it, and you expect Porsche to buy it back. Just curious, do you want them to buy it back for how much you paid for it or do you want them to give you a new car.
Old 06-13-2004, 07:18 PM
SPT
Advanced

Default http://porsche.tosti.net

Hi,

In NH the law says that if Porsche can't fix the car after one last attempt (assuming they have failed 3 previous times and they have...) then they must purchase the car back. I have already offered the car for fair trade in value adding in the miles. They PCNA said that is not possible by law. If they fail to fix the car on the final attempt they need to pay more. How much more is unclear at this point.

If they were reasonable when I offered them the car for 35,000.00 thousand in February they would have taken the deal and I would probable be driving an 01 C4.

Anyone who buys a used Porsche uncertified is nuts! I will never do that again...

Scott
Old 06-13-2004, 08:43 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

I'd say it is clear at this point. I would agree that expecting Porsche to pay for repairs a year after the warranty has expired is nuts. Buying a used Porsche does not necessarily make someone a nut unless they have unreasonable expectations. I think most would agree that Porsche ownership ain't cheap (still probably less than other comparable cars), but the trade-off is worth it to some. Heck, I have spent more than $ 35K just on my 90 in the last year and I wouldn't trade that car for anything. Did an attorney take this case? Nevertheless, you are frusterated and it sucks being frusterated.
Old 06-13-2004, 09:16 PM
SPT
Advanced

Doug,

Your missing the point... I'm clearly not doing a good job explaining...

OK... let me try again. You buy a car that is under warrantee. Something breaks that is covered by warrantee. The manufacturer is contractually obligated to fix the problem. It does not matter how long it takes. There is no statute of limitations here...

Put simply have a problem develop while under warrantee and no matter how long it takes they must pay! That is the LAW...

I'm not frustrated but I expect that since I obey the law daily so will Porsche the worlds most successful car company.

Scott
Old 06-13-2004, 09:17 PM
SPT
Advanced

And yes I have an attorney... He says this case cannot be lost to Porsche!

Old 06-13-2004, 10:48 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

I think the best advice you can get here, without seeming arrogant is "you're pissing against the wind" and you're going to get wet. No real attorney is going to waste his time on this, some may take your money and do little. E.G. I had a $50K real claim and no attorney wanted to help me (beyond verbal advice) because their costs would have been too great versus my potential recovery. They were honorable.

Chalk it up to "experience", try the Porsche experience again with a certifed car...and try not to behead the messenger, given that you posted on this forum looking for advice and support.

Good luck and don't waste your time and money!
Old 06-13-2004, 10:56 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

I understood fully. I just did not want to get into arguing specifics. Just purely my opinion, but based on your time line and the types of issues you are having and the lack of documentation during the warranty period for your only real substantial issue (AWD), I don't see it falling within the purview of the lemon law statute. I wouldn't take the case on even an hourly basis, but then again, I ain't the jury nad have plenty of work. There also two sides to every story and I don't know all the details. Now if you had 3 RMS failures and were looking at a new engine, I would take that one even on a contigency basis.

If you win great. Maybe I can get a Porsche to give me a new TT as my TT spoiler light is on for the third time.

One last thing and I promise, I am done. There are no quarantees in the law. I would assume that Porsche would ask for a jury, because candidly (depending upon where you are at), a jury is not going to feel too sypathetic toward someone who owns a Porsche and is complaining about what may be perceived as little nit picky things. They are probably thinking, man I have a 1980s (insert typical POS) with a motor that only starts every other day. I would be happy to have that car even if the radio changed stations, it had some wind noise or a light came on everty 6 months to a year. Tough case to present to a jury even if the law was on your side. I just cringe whenever I hear something like that because the reality is that jury's can be very conservative in nature and what they do can be as predictable as a roll of the dice.

Last edited by Doug H; 06-13-2004 at 11:17 PM.
Old 06-14-2004, 06:29 AM
SPT
Advanced

To the last two postings... First a real attorney is working on it for me. He is doing it for 2 reasons one he is a personal friend and two he believes in right and wrong.

Second the legal course this will take is juryless. It is always the case in these car trials. As a matter of record the car manufacturers lose >60% of the time. It's even higher with the highline cars. If you have the time you can win... I have the time and the law is solidly on my side. Porsche is going to have to fix this car. The only question here is what is the date of the appointment.

Scott
Old 06-14-2004, 10:58 AM
GreggT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Times have changed, the company has changed, and the market demo for the car has changed (by Porsche's design).
I can recall telling people interested in a 911 that I would not recomend they buy one........ because they were looking for a "car" (a different or unusual car) but still just a car.

They were used to the general dependability (and warranty) of their last Plymouth or Oldsmobile.
Lets just say at that time, 911 buyers were not really concerened if their speakers vibrated (if they had a radio or listened to it)....... and wind noise, well...

I'm not saying the change is a good thing or a bad thing.
Just that times have changed.
I still occaisionally talk people out of them (though I have several) had a blast on the track with one yesterday (AC didn't work & plenty of wind noise) and enjoyed the drive into work this A.M. in another.

Good luck to ya bud. It's unfortunate to hear this company & car has been so much a source of disapointment & displeasure in your life.........hope you find some piece of mind, assuming that's what you are looking for.
Old 06-14-2004, 11:45 AM
Stirs
Instructor

Dealer relationship means a lot but not everything. Porcshe seems really caprecious in how they deal with customers. Some relate positive stories and others negative ones. I have a great realtionship with my dealer but was still unable to gain satisfaction/resolution with TWO lemon Cayennes. Despite the dealer's best efforts Porcshe was unresponsive and lost a customer for life in me. I chose not to got the lemon law route as I didn't want to endure the frustration that goes with that process. I took the loss traded the truck and have never looked back. I lost a lot in the short run but Porsche loses even more in the long run and that is where I find satisfaction . . .

Quick Reply: PCNA Customer Service is Horrible