Sponsored by:

EPS IMS Bearing

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2023, 12:49 PM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,846 Likes on 1,011 Posts

Originally Posted by Haalex
I see a single example of an EPS failure, out of context, from an allegedly non-neutral source, followed by reports of failure from LN products.
It wasn't out of context. You brought up EPS, and I shared my thoughts on the company and their IMS bearing product. I mentioned Hartech, UK because they are probably the most respected Porsche engine rebuilding company in Europe and have strong opposition towards the EPS roller bearing for reasons I've mentioned.

All this means is no solution is perfect, be it from EPS or LN (or FVD, Pelican, etc.).
Without getting philosophical on the whole "perfect" word, the IMS Solution which is an oil fed plain bearing, is engineering "perfection". The oil fed plain bearing is a proven design for this application and found in the 996 Mezger engines and all 911 engines that predate it.

I will admit the oil feed mod from EPS seems like a bad idea and my car will not be getting it.
Like EPS' idea to bore into the crankcase to remove the large single row 6305 bearing found in the 997 and 987 cars, weakening the oil pump drive is a bad idea. Therefore... We agree!

RL does appear to be very cautious in regards to EPS (or any non-LN IMSB product for that matter), I haven’t had the same feeling on other forums which tend to show EPS in a quite positive light.
EPS has full rights to become a Rennlist sponsor, become well established and active on this forum, as well as debate the merits of any products they create and/or sell.
The following 2 users liked this post by ZuffenZeus:
996-CAB (07-15-2023), islaTurbine (07-16-2023)

Quick Reply: EPS IMS Bearing