Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Can't Install PCCM+ (settings men) 2002 w/ Bose (Non-MOST)

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2023, 10:22 PM
arcangely2k
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Can't Install PCCM+ (settings men) 2002 w/ Bose (Non-MOST)

Guys,

Can you PLEASE help me? I'm now $500+ in wasted labor, and can't install my PCCM+. I've scoured every forum.
I have a 2002 996 Cabriolet with BOSE Audio, NON-MOST. It's THIS diagram for the wiring (below).

Got my PCCM+ and got the error where it won't allow me into the settings menu since it thinks I'm in motion.
Tried every which way of connecting the unit, can't get into the menu.
Local Porsche dealer has no clue. 2 local installers failed to figure out how to get in. Tried plugging in GPS, Mic, etc etc. Can't get past that menu.
Suncoast told me to ground Pin 18 for the DSP. Aside from reading everywhere else that it's pin 17, I told Suncoast (who I bought PCCM+ from) that I don't have a DSP..... My Bose Amp only has 8 pins.

So, now I'm massively in the hole on labor with no prospects of fixing this error. I never saw any resolution from others with this error other than dead threads or "it fixed itself."

Is the issue my hardware? This suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

Old 06-02-2023, 10:51 AM
sasilverbullet
Rennlist Member

Received 787 Likes on 412 Posts

This may help garner a response, image rotated...

Old 06-02-2023, 10:57 AM
theprf
Race Car

Received 1,777 Likes on 1,132 Posts

I do not have a PCCM+ nor have I ever touched one. That said the consensus is when it displays "in motion" when it is not in motion, it means the internal accelerometer is broken and the PCCM+ is defective.
Old 06-02-2023, 01:28 PM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,844 Likes on 1,009 Posts

For what it's worth the M680 is the DSP amplifier from Porsche as noted in the attached schematic.
Old 06-04-2023, 03:14 AM
Geoff.T
Instructor

Received 210 Likes on 53 Posts

My PCCM turned on before I plugged in the GPS antenna and did the same thing. I unplugged it (removed the main power connector) and let it sit for about 30 min, When it restarted, it still gave me the warning intermittently. When it gave the motion warning, I figured out that if you hold any of the buttons for about 10 second, it'll allow you to get past the motion warning. I can't say if any of this will work for you but it did for me. Once I figured out it would allow me to get past the warnings by holding down any of the buttons like "settings" I followed the instructions in this post and disabled the warning all together.

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...l#post17564478
Old 06-04-2023, 09:40 AM
theprf
Race Car

Received 1,777 Likes on 1,132 Posts

Originally Posted by Geoff.T
My PCCM turned on before I plugged in the GPS antenna and did the same thing. I unplugged it (removed the main power connector) and let it sit for about 30 min, When it restarted, it still gave me the warning intermittently. When it gave the motion warning, I figured out that if you hold any of the buttons for about 10 second, it'll allow you to get past the motion warning. I can't say if any of this will work for you but it did for me. Once I figured out it would allow me to get past the warnings by holding down any of the buttons like "settings" I followed the instructions in this post and disabled the warning all together.

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...l#post17564478
Porsche "recalled" all the 996 version PCCM+ to install a firmware update that now prohibits disabling the in-motion warning. This was around the end of last year.
Old 12-02-2023, 05:14 PM
arcangely2k
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by theprf
Porsche "recalled" all the 996 version PCCM+ to install a firmware update that now prohibits disabling the in-motion warning. This was around the end of last year.
YOU SERIOUS!? I went through hell, lost money, contacted MULTIPLE Porsche dealers, and none of them knew about this. Went through 2 of these units, licked my wounds, gave up and put in an aftermarket head unit.
This sucks.
This Porsche Classic program is a joke

Quick Reply: Can't Install PCCM+ (settings men) 2002 w/ Bose (Non-MOST)