996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Keys In The Post for cut key blades.

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2023, 06:26 PM
SSDVC
Rennlist Member

Received 227 Likes on 158 Posts
Default Keys In The Post for cut key blades.

OK, so I emailed "Keys in The Post", via their web portal on the 4th, just to make sure they had enough pictures and that those pics would be adequate to cut the blanks. I also emailed Chris directly, same day with the same information. I have not heard from them at all. I did go ahead and ordered two key blades from on the 5th of January and received my order confirmation on the 5th. To date, I have not heard anything since.

I was wondering if anyone had any recent dealings with them and how quickly they responded/shipped finished key blades out? I have an appointment to get two key fobs programmed this coming Friday and I am hoping the finished key blades arrive in time. My last question is, do I really need the key blade portion to get the fobs programmed????

Thanks.
Old 01-15-2023, 07:23 PM
wildbilly32
Drifting

Received 786 Likes on 504 Posts

Originally Posted by SSDVC
OK, so I emailed "Keys in The Post", via their web portal on the 4th, just to make sure they had enough pictures and that those pics would be adequate to cut the blanks. I also emailed Chris directly, same day with the same information. I have not heard from them at all. I did go ahead and ordered two key blades from on the 5th of January and received my order confirmation on the 5th. To date, I have not heard anything since.

I was wondering if anyone had any recent dealings with them and how quickly they responded/shipped finished key blades out? I have an appointment to get two key fobs programmed this coming Friday and I am hoping the finished key blades arrive in time. My last question is, do I really need the key blade portion to get the fobs programmed????

Thanks.
No.
The following users liked this post:
SSDVC (01-15-2023)
Old 01-15-2023, 09:25 PM
TheUnscented
Racer

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

No. Three parts to the key—the blade, the passive RF chip and active fob.
it’s my understanding that fob buttons lock & unlock. The passive chip gets excited when proximal to the ignition—the car is actually programmed to the chip, and can accept five chips. You’ll need access to PISWIS (sp?)
The blade doesn’t need to present. Bought mine from Keys In the Post took a week or two from England.
wildbilly32 (01-16-2023)
Old 01-16-2023, 09:22 PM
SSDVC
Rennlist Member

OK, just a small update. Got an email today that included a tracking number. Number for Royal Post wasn't active yet, but I'll try in the morning.

Headed to the dealer Friday morning to get the fobs programmed.
Old 02-09-2023, 09:17 AM
SSDVC
Rennlist Member

Another small update to this. The tracking number I received still doesn't work. The Royal Mail apparently suffered a cyber attack late December, and they did say early on that overseas shipments may have been delay a bit. But this is a month and a half later, they started overseas deliveries a few weeks ago, so I don't know why I don't have my two key blade. It's just a lightweight envelope. My card was charged and now Chris isn't responding to any of my emails. ZERO response or basic comms from Keys In the Post.

For all those needing key blades made and considering this route, I suggest waiting a bit or maybe seeking another option in the interim.
Old 02-15-2023, 08:10 AM
SSDVC
Rennlist Member

And another small update. I received the following email on the 10th from Jon at Keys in the Post:
​​​​"I’m really sorry for the delay on this, the owner of the company has been in hospital. I’ve got hold of Royal Mail and after a fair amount of complaining they couldn’t really tell me where you package is. They did say that it will be delivered but couldn’t seem to track it they just said it’s in the system. I’ll issue you a full refund and get some replacements sent out to you today asap. They’ve changed the way I can post them so they will email you the new tracking details later today.

Apologies for the delay and inconvenience.

Kind regards, Jon"

I still have not received a new tracking number (have to check with the wife on the refund thing, but I am more interested in getting my key blades), but I am hopeful.................I think.
Old 02-15-2023, 08:25 AM
De Jeeper
Nordschleife Master

Received 3,412 Likes on 1,785 Posts

Its been my experience that european "post" services r worse then the usps .....as hard as that is to believe. Some how dhl can deliver from over the pond in a day for less then ups will ship a state over in 3 days. Its a crazy system.

Good luck, sounds like the company is trying.
Old 02-21-2023, 08:47 AM
SSDVC
Rennlist Member

Another quick update. I have received a full refund from them, which is great (and wasn't asked for). Just sent them another email last night letting them know I got the refund, but really would love (and would have just preferred) to see my new key blades. More to follow.
Old 02-21-2023, 03:24 PM
SSDVC
Rennlist Member

And here is the final update. Got my key blades in the mail today. Inserted them into my two new key fobs and everything works as it should. Big shout out to Keys in the Post and thank you to Jon for making it right !!! I will use you again. Speedy recovery to Chris as well.
Dr_Strangelove (02-23-2023)

Quick Reply: Keys In The Post for cut key blades.