996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

New day, new issues - Today PCM

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2022 | 03:18 PM
Bengan035
AutoX

Default New day, new issues - Today PCM

Since I bought my car (4S 2003) this summer, every once in a while when listening to music through the CD-player, the sound disappears for a second or a half.
There’s no logic to when it happens, it can occur when driving or standing absolutely still.
I’ve come to terms with it and it really doesn’t bother me that much BUT.
Today something new happened on my way to work.
Suddenly when listening to radio, the sound went berserk and the volume and bass increased dramatically.
When turning the volume button I notice that it’s become extremely sensitive and the bass cuts really really bad.
What can be the issue here?
I’m totalt lost 😞
Old 10-13-2022 | 09:00 PM
Type65
Racer

Originally Posted by Bengan035
Since I bought my car (4S 2003) this summer, every once in a while when listening to music through the CD-player, the sound disappears for a second or a half.
There’s no logic to when it happens, it can occur when driving or standing absolutely still.
I’ve come to terms with it and it really doesn’t bother me that much BUT.
Today something new happened on my way to work.
Suddenly when listening to radio, the sound went berserk and the volume and bass increased dramatically.
When turning the volume button I notice that it’s become extremely sensitive and the bass cuts really really bad.
What can be the issue here?
I’m totalt lost 😞
This may sound stupid, but have you verified it isn't happening at the end of the CD? If you are actually listening to the CD than this obviously isn't the case, but my aux is run through the CD, so every time the CD comes to an end and has to restart I get about 3 seconds with no audio. Took me a while to figure this out.
Old 10-14-2022 | 03:23 AM
Bengan035
AutoX

Originally Posted by Type65
This may sound stupid, but have you verified it isn't happening at the end of the CD? If you are actually listening to the CD than this obviously isn't the case, but my aux is run through the CD, so every time the CD comes to an end and has to restart I get about 3 seconds with no audio. Took me a while to figure this out.
The occasional sound loss happens during songs and with different cds.

Quick Reply: New day, new issues - Today PCM