996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

2022 Car Seat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2022 | 09:30 PM
KingKong_
AutoX

Default 2022 Car Seat Thread

Seems every couple of years a new car seat thread pops up with the latest models that fit in the 996.

The long running seat, the Cosco Scenera, has been recommended through the years as one that fits. I have the Cosco Scenera Next in my commuter car, so I thought I’d try to fit it in the back of the 996. While it physically fits, the seatbelt receptacle extends too high up that it doesn’t allow the belt to be snugged up against the car seat. As a result the seat base is way too loose. I’m curious if others dealt with this on the original scenera and had a solution? I haven’t been able to find the difference of the “Next” model but assumed it was just an updated version.
Old 10-11-2022 | 10:07 PM
Jedi Apprentice
Instructor

I've been using the Brittax Clicktight Marathon seat for a little over a year. The click tight mechanic makes getting the seat and belt in position very easy and incredibly secure. I wouldn't use any other mechanism in these cars.
Old 10-11-2022 | 10:22 PM
KingKong_
AutoX

Originally Posted by Jedi Apprentice
I've been using the Brittax Clicktight Marathon seat for a little over a year. The click tight mechanic makes getting the seat and belt in position very easy and incredibly secure. I wouldn't use any other mechanism in these cars.
oh interesting. I didn’t even consider trying the britax. I have them in my wife’s car and the family hauler. The scenera is in my daily as it’s just to bring my kid to/from daycare a few min down the road. Since everyone said it fit in the 996 I tried that one and never tried the marathon. Even then im still using the latch system on the britax but I’ll have to give the belt routing a try in the 996. Do you leave the 911 seat bottom/back in place or remove them?
Old 10-12-2022 | 02:59 PM
Jedi Apprentice
Instructor

I remove the bottom and place a towel down, no need to make indents in my nice backseat. Removing the backrest will position the seat belt receptacle too far forward of the seat, causing it to be at an angle. I think the one that I have is the marathon as well.
Old 10-12-2022 | 09:34 PM
Coussa
Rennlist Member

I did something a little different. I removed both bottom and back of seats and used the seatbelt across the front of the car seat. This gave the most legroom for my 4yo. and I can have the passenger seat all the way back.

Car seat is the Harmony 360 Defender for reference.

I also use the back tether on the anchor point behind. (Please excuse the dirty winter mats, need to avoid all that salty slush inside during our long Canadian winters)

The car seatbelt goes across the seat instead of the back. The seat is extremely solid with this setup.
Old 10-14-2022 | 12:55 PM
Sam-Son
Rennlist Member

I have a small rear facing seat that fits behind the passenger. I remove the seat base cushion to let it sit even lower. The passenger seat needs to be cranked up (height) and moved forward. While it's not ideal the passenger doesn't have to sit bolt upright.

Quick Reply: 2022 Car Seat Thread