Sponsored by:

Problematic 1999 C4

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 06:58 AM
SPT
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Problematic 1999 C4

Does anyone know how to get the people at PCNA to return phone calls? I call all the people handling my case daily. NO ONE WILL RETURN A CALL. These people at Porsche offer worse customer service then Kia! Ant at 10 times the price...

This is my third and likely last 911 because of their arrogant behavior. I guess business must be good elsewhere... It's not in NH for Porsche. The 2 local dealers have so many unsold cars that they needed to expand their car lots!

I even tried to get in touch with the manager that is responsible for customer service in the US. Her name is M Snipes. She wont return calls either... Very bad way to run a business!

Scott
Old 05-06-2004, 11:03 AM
Stirs
Instructor

I hope you have better luck than I have had in past in dealing with Porsche. There is a COMPLETE absence of customer service . . . My current 2003 C4S is my last Porshce car . . .
Old 05-06-2004, 11:44 AM
SPT
Advanced

We all need to band together and go after them using the press and the web as a tool! Porsche charges way to much money for these cars to not offer top of the line customer support! We should also tell all members of the Porsche Club Of America!

This is war!
Scott
Old 05-06-2004, 12:17 PM
Ucube
Three Wheelin'

If this thread is about Porsche's poor customer service, or lack thereof (which is fine), then it's incorrectly titled. Otherwise, please describe or explain the "problematic" aspect of your C4.
Old 05-06-2004, 12:26 PM
SPT
Advanced

The car has had electrical problems since I purchased it under warrantee at 36k. The check engine light goes off every 5k miles, the airbag light goes off every 5k, the all wheel drive seems to not work, there is a skip in the engine, there are rattles in the dash and door panels and the radio turns on and off by it's self to name a few...

My next step is to notify the national car magazines and consumer protection outlets. I am going to get people in NH to help me picket the dealership every weekend until this is resolved as well. I will do my best to stop all future Porsche purchases in NH!

I just hired an attorney as well. We are going after them in court. Another great way to get publicity!

Remember... winners never quit and quitters never win!

Scott
Old 05-06-2004, 12:47 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about all your issues....has the Porsche dealer who sold you the car been any help at all??
Old 05-06-2004, 12:51 PM
Ucube
Three Wheelin'

My goodness! That sounds like a lemon. Sorry to hear about all those problems on your car as I have a trouble-free 1999. I presume these quirks all cropped up after your warranty expired? What was the dealership's position on this issue?
Old 05-06-2004, 01:02 PM
SPT
Advanced

All the problems happened UNDER WARRANTEE! Porsche said "get lost..."! The car is no longer under warrantee! They don't understand what a contract means...

Porsche managment are useless! This my third and final Porsche!

Scott
Old 05-06-2004, 01:26 PM
ckl93
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sorry to hear about your problems. Which dealership in NH are you dealing with? I'm near Concord and I was thinking of using the Nashua dealership for service.
Old 05-06-2004, 01:35 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

I am totally confused as to why a dealership will not fix a problem under warranty??? Something is not making sense here. My dealership isn't the greatest either but they have been extremely fair about fixing items under warranty as well as under extended warranty. There is something to your story that you are not telling us. I know how impersonal text comes across so please do not take this as an attack but rather a request for clarification. I would like to see you get your problem solved as much as you. It is situations like these that keep me from buying another Pcar.
Old 05-06-2004, 01:42 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is your car completely stock or have you chipped it, installed headers, intake, etc, etc...??

It's worrying that your car has so many electrical problems, and even more troublesome that you have tolerated these issues this long. If it were me I would have taken the car in for routine service and ask them to check all these things...then I would have refused to take the car back until all the issues were resolved satisfactorily.
Old 05-06-2004, 01:49 PM
SPT
Advanced

Completely stock! I'm 43 and have owned BMW, Mercedes and Audi's. Never have I been treated like this by any company! I'm going to let a judge decide what they are and are not responsible for...
Old 05-06-2004, 03:22 PM
Ucube
Three Wheelin'

I'm with LVDell as well. I don't understand why any Porsche dealership would refuse to perform repairs on a car under warranty. Bad attitude or poor service quality is one thing, but there's no reason for a dealer not to do warranty repairs, especially when the car is stock. Are you sure you're giving us the whole story because something's not right here?
Old 05-06-2004, 03:25 PM
chitownbob
Racer

I've got a 99 C4 with none of the problems you've described. Was the warranty through Porsche certified program or a dealer warranty? To be honest, all those problems sound like they are associated with a salvaged/rebuilt car!?!?!

Bobby
Old 05-06-2004, 03:44 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

your age, car brands owned, etc., does not have any bearing on the issue here. To say you are not going to be treated this way and to have a judge resolve tells me that there is something more going on. Dealers don't just tell you that they are not going to repair something that is under warranty for the heck of it--especially if it is a LEGITIMATE warranty claim as well as the fact that you have threatened legal action. Trust me, we (here in the forum) are all trying to help, but you are not giving us anything to go on.

Quick Reply: Problematic 1999 C4