996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Problematic 1999 C4

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 03:51 PM
RR
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The radio problem I had on my car as well, so thats no biggie.
The airbag liight usually means that the seatbelt sensor is faulty, common problem.
The CEL light usually means o2 sensor is gone, or the cats have been replaced with NON porsche items.

Before calling your rep, really you should get the problems diagnosed.
These all seem to be simple issues, and not ones that need to be dramatized with calls to a dealer rep, seriously. Maybe your problem is with the dealer and not the car.

There obviously is another issue that needs to be dealt with. Maybe you are confused as to what the warranty was. Maybe it still had warranty when you purchased it, BUT it has since ended.

In any case, even if it is not under warranty, the CEL light and the airbag light are really no big problems. Your making it seem like your car is dying.
Relax take it to the dealer, find out what the problem is first, and then worry about whether it is under warranty or not.

Judge?..What the hell do you need a judge for? Why is it that an American's first resort is always a lawyer. You don't need a lawyer. Just find out what your problems are first. To me this sounds a little ridiculous.
Old 05-06-2004, 04:31 PM
SPT
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They have already replaced the seat belt clips and harness twice. It does not help...

Radio is a biggy??? A Kia does not change stations on you...

That is not the case with the O2 Sensor. Everything is functional and original equipment parts.

Porsche dealers and PCNA from Atlanta GA have been trying to fix these problems for over a year. They are unable to diagnose the problem.

A judge is my last resort... I am done with PCNA. I gave them "many" Opportunities to fix these problems. They have given up and feel that they are not responsible... WRONG!

I understand that people are trying to help. ALL of these problems existed while the car was under warrantee! Porsche was unable to fix them. They own them according to the NH Lemon Law.

This car was never hit or salvage either...

Porsche did not refuse to fix the problems. They were unable to correct the problems! They don't know what is causing the issues. My local dealer's feel bad that they were unable to fix the car. They certainly tried!

I have bent over backwards to compromise with Porsche. They are the most arrogant bunch I have ever come across in the auto business. Again I'm on my third 911. This will be my last.

Scott
Old 05-06-2004, 05:07 PM
Weissach
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Something doesn't sound right here. If a dealer doesn't fix these little problems, just go to another dealer. What's the big deal?? It's usually up to the tech guys at the dealer that decide what to do about any specific problem.

Also, remember one thing. Going in with a good attitude will get you farther than going in complaining. The last thing you want to be labeled as is a nagging costumer... That will really close all your doors.
Old 05-06-2004, 05:12 PM
Weissach
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One more thing. You'll be suprised on how bringing some of the tech guys coffee and "pastelitos" in the morning will get your car fixed faster(it worked for me).
Old 05-06-2004, 06:13 PM
SPT
Advanced

I agree on the bringing food! Porsche Flew there number one Technical guy up to NH to work on my car. He was unable to fix the car... He did try though...

Scott
Old 05-06-2004, 11:55 PM
chitownbob
Racer

Damn, don't know what to tell you. Looks like its a lemon to me.

Bobby
Old 05-07-2004, 06:20 AM
SPT
Advanced

I think it's a lemon as well. Starting Saturday May 15th we are going to picket the local Porsche dealer both weekend days until they either fix all my problems or buy back my car!

I made them some very generous offers to resolve this equitably. With Porsche it's either there way or no way. This type of attitude will not fly with me. According to the law at least in NH if not nation wide anything that is wrong with your car while the car is under warrantee is the responsibility of the manufacturer until it is resolved.

Scott
Old 05-07-2004, 09:45 AM
RR
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We need more back round. Saying that the tech's wer eunable to fix the car is too general.

Did they fix the problem, ie did they get the CEL and Airbag light to turn off only to turn back on a few days later?

This still doesn't make much sense.
Old 05-07-2004, 11:13 AM
SPT
Advanced

The airbag light comes on every 5,000 miles the fault code is always the same. Same is true with the check engine light... They say the code is useless!

Quick Reply: Problematic 1999 C4