996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

PCCM+ Recall

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2022, 05:48 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 996Rick
Further to my initial post, I have now bought the dual din PCCM+ from my dealer - whatever issues prevented them from selling me one a few months ago have since been resolved and once my ‘01 C4 comes back from Elephant Racing (its getting the safari treatment - suspension, lights, bars…) I’m going to have it installed - has anyone else learned anymore about the PCCM+ issue as I still can’t get a full answer as to what was up other than it was software related.
Not sure if you’re still interested but the issue according to my dealer in Australia was that when the PCCM+ was installed in some 996 and 986s, it would result in the odometer being reset to 0km / 0miles. Lol.

I’m not sure whether Porsche were able to rectify those cars and reset the odometer to the correct mileage or not but that’s a pretty big issue!
Old 12-07-2022, 08:50 AM
tnj100
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 911968
Not sure if you’re still interested but the issue according to my dealer in Australia was that when the PCCM+ was installed in some 996 and 986s, it would result in the odometer being reset to 0km / 0miles. Lol.

I’m not sure whether Porsche were able to rectify those cars and reset the odometer to the correct mileage or not but that’s a pretty big issue!
Mine randomly resets the trip odometer to zero on a pretty regular basis. I have not heard of that happening to anybody's primary odometer...but would probably add value to my car to go from 120,000+ miles to TMU...
Old 12-12-2022, 12:10 PM
TomK1989
AutoX

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tnj100
Mine randomly resets the trip odometer to zero on a pretty regular basis. I have not heard of that happening to anybody's primary odometer...but would probably add value to my car to go from 120,000+ miles to TMU...

Haha!

Mine resets my trip odometer frequently but not the primary! I had heard that this could be corrected at a porsche dealership but that it was significantly more expensive if you did not have them install the unit there originally. Not sure if that is true or not.

Old 12-19-2022, 03:36 AM
jury_ca
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 996Rick
Further to my initial post, I have now bought the dual din PCCM+ from my dealer - whatever issues prevented them from selling me one a few months ago have since been resolved and once my ‘01 C4 comes back from Elephant Racing (its getting the safari treatment - suspension, lights, bars…) I’m going to have it installed - has anyone else learned anymore about the PCCM+ issue as I still can’t get a full answer as to what was up other than it was software related.
It was the NHTSA warning that would appear when the car was moving and you tried to change settings. Users figured out how to disable it in the secret menu. After the firmware update, you can't disable it anymore.
Old 01-25-2023, 12:17 AM
gbracer08
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a PCCM that just arrived from a dealer and then after installing it can't do anything with it as if you breathe on the radio it shuts off likes its moving with the nanny screen. It has latest firmware so can't shut off warning. I really like the unit but can't even enter an address.

TSB https://www.tsbsearch.com/Porsche/Group-13-D614

Old 01-25-2023, 11:50 AM
Asmig
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by gbracer08
I have a PCCM that just arrived from a dealer and then after installing it can't do anything with it as if you breathe on the radio it shuts off likes its moving with the nanny screen. It has latest firmware so can't shut off warning. I really like the unit but can't even enter an address.
If the gps antenna is bad it can cause this. Mine would pop up the warning randomly when stopped and it turns out the unit was not getting any signal when I went to use the SD card maps. Carplay maps worked fine.
Old 01-25-2023, 12:13 PM
gbracer08
AutoX

The onboard maps with nav work fine. I looked at the amount of satellites and had 10 or so green. Also checked in the hidden menu for the # of satellites and they were showing there also. It seems as soon as the unit shakes just a little it pops up the message. Its a B1 unit with latest firmware so can't turn off NHTSA in hidden menu.
Old 02-16-2023, 08:31 PM
168glhs1986
Rennlist Member

Received 1,448 Likes on 696 Posts

I just ordered one from FCP Euro. Hopefully they fixed the bugs.
Old 02-16-2023, 11:53 PM
gbracer08
AutoX

Im working fine. You can't bench test it. When its mounted all works great and I can change the settings. If the car is moving though down the road settings is unavilable as is designed. I use car play on it now, but do wish the traffic worked on the built in nav as a backup. Its only a europe thing. Its built on android and I tried to turn on wifi but didn't work. Ill have to dig around again on what other potential android behind the scene stuff might work

Quick Reply: PCCM+ Recall