FabSpeed Super Cup?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2021, 12:42 PM
808Bill
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 545 Posts
Default FabSpeed Super Cup?

Anyone running these on a street car?
One of my Cans (MaxFlow) has it's baffling come loose. And I'm looking for a replacement to match up to the FabSpeed X-pipe (on its way)
Old 12-01-2021, 01:53 PM
plpete84
Drifting

Received 1,833 Likes on 927 Posts

How old is the exhaust? Having the baffling come loose is concerning on a high end exhaust system. I'd shoot them a message or call regarding the lifetime warranty.
Old 12-01-2021, 03:11 PM
sweet victory
Three Wheelin'

Received 208 Likes on 122 Posts

I have a set of excellent condition super cups I'm about to put up for sale. Without the x-pipe, there is considerable drone at 2800 rpm with stock cats. Fabspeed told me their xpipes cures this, but given that I'm in CA, I could not legally run them.

I ran these on my 996 that is a street car. On canyon roads with the windows rolled down, they sounded glorious. They really shine above 4000rpm. I ran them back to back with my maxflo's and they are much louder and give you a lot more "fast car noises" like some burbles when you let off the gas pedal. I really liked that about the super cups. What I really didn't like is the drone they produce with stock cats at cruising speeds, and after a while, it just got old and I put the maxflo's back on.

Happy to help answer any more questions you might have.

Last edited by sweet victory; 12-01-2021 at 03:13 PM.
Old 12-01-2021, 04:28 PM
Airbrush1
Advanced

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by sweet victory
I have a set of excellent condition super cups I'm about to put up for sale. Without the x-pipe, there is considerable drone at 2800 rpm with stock cats. Fabspeed told me their xpipes cures this, but given that I'm in CA, I could not legally run them.

I ran these on my 996 that is a street car. On canyon roads with the windows rolled down, they sounded glorious. They really shine above 4000rpm. I ran them back to back with my maxflo's and they are much louder and give you a lot more "fast car noises" like some burbles when you let off the gas pedal. I really liked that about the super cups. What I really didn't like is the drone they produce with stock cats at cruising speeds, and after a while, it just got old and I put the maxflo's back on.

I’m having the same experience with my supercups. I love the way they sound above 3200rpm, or under hard acceleration, but the drone from 2200-3k under light/medium accel is having me rethink them long term. With the windows down on the highway, the car is already noisy enough that the drone goes away for me, but on a several hour trip this past weekend with friends in 40* weather windows up… it was just too much to handle at highway speeds. I find myself cruising around town trying to avoid the thousand rpm or so of odd drone, and it lessens part of my satisfaction with the car.

This is on stock cats BTW
Old 12-01-2021, 10:10 PM
JimmyS
Track Day

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by sweet victory

I’d be interested if shipping to Chicago is possible,
The following users liked this post:
808Bill (12-03-2021)
Old 12-02-2021, 01:19 AM
rechtien
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 50 Posts

I have a full exhaust with fabspeed supercup, xpipe and headers. It is glorious under overpass, full throttle etc. 2700-2900 drones pretty hard. Above 3k not so bad.

My car is not a track car which is what the super cup was designed for. Most times i am just driving to work i use headphones or my ears ring for a bit after getting to work. My commute is 30 miles each way. Brief drives i open the windows.

It sets off the occasional car alarm in my neighborhood and parking lots. My wife can hear me getting home when i pull in the neighborhood. I never feel bad leaving early though. Sounds of freedom and all but i try to keep off the throttle as much as i can until i leave the hood. My neighbors have never complained but i do live in Texas.

I feel no additional power.

Quick Reply: FabSpeed Super Cup?