Sponsored by:

porsche used car warrenty

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 04:00 PM
porschecanada
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default porsche used car warrenty

The car as it sits on the lot is not certified used yet right, so when a customer buys a car then they used certify it and spend the money it needs to pass. Does porsche allow you to buy the warrenty with in 30 days or only time of purchase. Also if the warrenty is chosen at purschase do they need to put more money into the car for like items that may pass a ppi but not a certify used.
Old 04-03-2004, 05:08 PM
yeldogt
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are many gray areas in life -- even more when takling about a used car. I have purchased many certified cars - from Lincoln/ Jaguar / Mercedes/ Lexus and now a tt from Porsche. They have all been different -- even when I have purchased from the same maker.

It is the dealer that makes the difference!

My Porsche only had 3k on it but it was an 01 -- so things needed to be done. But the car was already certified when I first saw it- all the cars from this dealer were. Other dealers were totally different -- one sold used cars so fast that I do not think they bothered to talk about it -- when I asked, they said "sure will do it". I know they at least changed the oil in all the cars. The dealer that I bought the Porsche from was very upfront -- and the people knew the cars.

When I purchased the Lexus it had 28k on it -- certified. Did they do the 30k service -NO. Did they change the brake fluid as needed --NO. Infact the salesman said you never change brake fluid! I had looked over the books and the car and would not buy it unless all the service was done.

So it all depends on the dealer you are working with -- you have to ask and you have to know what should be done and when to the car in question. So to your questions -- used cars may or may not be already certified. I do not believe there would be any way to get the warr after the sale. Finally -- yes depending on the car in question.

Once again you need to ask them. A ppi is just that - it is just information. The certified warr is something else -- Go to the dealer and ask them for a copy of the warr and a check sheet -- that way you can see what they do to the cars in order to cert it-- it is a factory sheet -- they will have one to look at. I will say again -- for the money -- it is foolish not to get it.

Quick Reply: porsche used car warrenty