996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

PCCM plus Functionality Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2023, 08:32 PM
arcangely2k
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Still having this same issue. Tried 2 different PCCM units. Cant get it installed since I can't access the CAN/AMP settings. moving the microphone plug to the other location makes no sense. Also saw someone who added an audio adaptor to lower the line level and they said that solved the problem too. Seems to be a hardware/software issue with luck of the draw, and I'm on my 2nd failure. About to give up and move on.
Old 07-10-2023, 09:02 PM
Mike Blaszczak
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by arcangely2k
moving the microphone plug to the other location makes no sense.
Why not?
Old 07-17-2023, 11:08 PM
arcangely2k
Rennlist Member

I've already goit the microphone plug in the correct location. What does this have to do with fixing the GPS or a hardware/software error?
I've seen one person who got a line-level adaptor and claimed that fixed the issue. Another "spammed" the settings button 100 times and said that fixed it. Now you say you fixed yours by moving the microphone plug to another location. This all feels like dumb luck when there's many different ways to solve the same problem.
Old 07-18-2023, 12:37 AM
Mike Blaszczak
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

This all feels like dumb luck when there's many different ways to solve the same problem.
I don't think there was much luck involved. In installing the unit, I just made a mistake and ended up putting the microphone plug into the wrong connector. It was completely correlated and not luck at all.

I'm sorry that you're frustrated, and I hope you get your installation worked out!
Old 07-18-2023, 06:48 AM
sPaCePiR8
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Still having this same issue. Tried 2 different PCCM units. Cant get it installed since I can't access the CAN/AMP settings. moving the microphone plug to the other location makes no sense. Also saw someone who added an audio adaptor to lower the line level and they said that solved the problem too. Seems to be a hardware/software issue with luck of the draw, and I'm on my 2nd failure. About to give up and move on.
In order to help, can you provide more information on your car / setup? Bose / non-Bost, MOST or not, etc.?

How are you trying to access the CAN/AMP setting? It should be very straightforward / simple, just hold down the volume option until the menu pops up. Perhaps you're not pressing long enough? Here is a video showing it ("Lautstärke" in German means Volume):
Old 07-18-2023, 07:06 AM
arcangely2k
Rennlist Member

2002, Bose, non-MOST.
Seems like others with my configuration (BOSE, non-MOST) have had this issue.
Losing my sanity here.

I think you're missing the issue. I can't even GET to the menu where it says VOLUME. As soon as I hit the SETTINGS button, I get the traffic motion warning, and it will not let me enter the menu. If I hit the only option available, to dismiss, then I'm just back on the main screen. SETTINGS menu is totally locked out.

Last edited by arcangely2k; 07-18-2023 at 07:07 AM.
Old 07-18-2023, 08:43 PM
G8rJimbo
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts

Why are you guys using an external mic when the internal is perfectly fine?
Old 07-19-2023, 09:13 AM
jhomer
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I also had this menu lockout issue with my 2002 Bose car. You know what fixed it? A new gps antenna. Mine had apparently taken a crap and was unable to receive satellites (confirmed this in the hidden android OS sat antenna info application)
CORONIR Vehicle Waterproof Active...
Amazon Amazon

Last edited by jhomer; 07-19-2023 at 09:14 AM.

Quick Reply: PCCM plus Functionality Problem