Sponsored by:

Finally...a 1 DIN DVD Nav Sys

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2004, 02:32 PM
01 C4 Cab NYC
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally...a 1 DIN DVD Nav Sys

Was poking around and came across this from Pioneer...
http://www.avic-n1.com
1 DIN system with a flip out screen, that has an integrated DVD nav system. Can also play moveis, etc. Even has a vehicle dynamics screen that tracks g-force thru a turn, and can tell you your 0-60 time, and will store you best time for you. Sounds awesome...
Old 03-24-2004, 02:55 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 56 Posts

XM radio, CD, and NAV, thats about all I need.

I can't seem to find whether the nav can be used on the DVD based mapping while listening to a CD?
Old 03-24-2004, 03:04 PM
01 C4 Cab NYC
Burning Brakes

Yup, I memorizes your route, so that you can then take the map DVD out and put in whatever. Also from what I read, seems like you can run an Ipod thru it as well. There is an AUX source that uses RCA jacks...
BTW, the XM requires a separate component.
Not out yet, and I wonder what installation will cost, but look amazing...
Old 03-24-2004, 09:32 PM
yellowbmr
Instructor

Default or the PDA portable unit from Garmin, my friend

just bought this unit, pretty cool. it talks to you also (directions)

http://gpsnow.com/gm3600.htm
Old 04-06-2004, 10:03 AM
AnthonySp
Advanced

I notice that the Pioneer unit has been released as there are numerous ones for sale on ebay now. The prices range from $1200-$1695. I wonder if anyone has done an install of one of these? (I am curious as to whether it actually does fit right in the factory cut out for the stock radio.) It seems they have an additional box that you plug many of the cables into for amps, etc. Do you think this would have to be located in the front storage area or is there room under the dash? In a newer vehicle I guess the only way to get around MOST system would be to replace the Porsche Amp as well. Does anyone know what the Porsche amp specs are?
Old 04-06-2004, 10:32 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

I've got the garmin gps pda as well. I've had it for around 6 months. It's awesome. Amazing tool. Much more flexible than the car versions. It's saved my butt on many occasions. Highly recommend it.
Old 04-06-2004, 11:42 AM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

if any one has questions about the unit i am an authorized pioneer dealer and have installed 2 of those units so far. They just came out in the last 2 weeks soundfx2 845-356-8606 john
Old 04-06-2004, 11:48 AM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

as far as the garmin up against the pioneer it is not in the same league. the only advantage of the garmin is that it is portable. The pioneer is going to be alot more acurate . The only issue with the new pioneer is that to use the nav you have to put the dvd nav map in the unit so u cannot use the nav and play cd at the same time. That is y the unit is so resonable priced because it does not have a seperate nav brain it is built in the main unit. IT is a din unit and will go in any standard din opening but on older 911s there may be an issue with the unit when the face opens up it might hit the dash. The dash would have to be built out. I am building up my car and in about a month it will be done and i will post pics, it is going to be very impressive.

Quick Reply: Finally...a 1 DIN DVD Nav Sys