996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

996 sunroof panel sag

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2024, 10:35 PM
Benjaminbopper
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I’m in the same boat, just picked up my 996tt this week. Perfect except sagging sunroof headliner.

interested to see if there is a glue that anyone prefers, I’m in SC so it gets hot (like most of the USA this week it seems).

I did ping Mr Hopkins to see if I can get the instructions to attempt this weekend. Unsure what independent shop charges for this, I’m guessing around 3 hours : $450ish.
Old 06-27-2024, 01:03 AM
ahopkins1490
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Benjaminbopper
I’m in the same boat, just picked up my 996tt this week. Perfect except sagging sunroof headliner.

interested to see if there is a glue that anyone prefers, I’m in SC so it gets hot (like most of the USA this week it seems).

I did ping Mr Hopkins to see if I can get the instructions to attempt this weekend. Unsure what independent shop charges for this, I’m guessing around 3 hours : $450ish.
Hello,

I did not receive the instructions, but I went through the chats and figured out how to remove the panel and install based on what I saw. However, I am having issues where even after doing that, my liner is getting caught which is making me think I have to adjust the sunroof height, but looking from the outside it looks perfect.

Quick Reply: 996 sunroof panel sag