Sponsored by:

Street Racing Ticket update

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2004, 02:24 AM
ericdee
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

chitownbob
It seems like you were racing to me and I'm pretty mad that you got away with it. Get on the ****ing raceway or track and compare your cocksize with others on a legal basis. If I ever see you in court in Chicago or Cook County, I'll take your license and have no problem with it.

Geeez...... Bob, lighten up!

Last edited by ericdee; 03-24-2004 at 02:59 AM.
Old 03-24-2004, 04:00 AM
peterC4C
Instructor

Thanks Jake:

Looks like the trip to China is unavoidable so I can't join you at that class. Have a blast and let's do buttonwillow soon.

Peter
Old 03-24-2004, 04:03 AM
peterC4C
Instructor

Charles:

Yep, GT3 seats, red brakes, sports techno wheels, Aluminum trim rings. ALL IN. Wasted no time. Now if I can find time to put that licence plate frame you got for me on.

BTW: Email me your phone number again, like to finally meet you like we were going to.

Peter
Old 03-24-2004, 09:49 AM
Fred R. C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 30 Posts

Mozhacker,

Just a final note, and I'll drop this. As a volunteer fire fighter I came upon several "bad incidents" before I decided I no longer had the stomach to answer the calls ands stepped down.

Imagine your conversation with the medical examiner on the scene as to which items must go in the body bag, which items need to be collected and placed in a sealed bio-hazard plastic bucket, and a which items you can hose down the storm sewer.

Try comforting an accident victim while your buddies try to cut the roof off in order to extricate the victim, all the while trying to distract said victim from the fact that all the other passengers perished in the crash.

Try walking through a farm field on a snowy night with just your flashlight trying to find a passenger ejected after impact.

After these experiences, I just have a hard time with folks who drive 75 in a 40, and complain that they have been somehow maligned but law enforcement and the justice system.

If the "bad" experience of having your car impounded and having to pay a fine stops one from doing something so selfishly stupid in the future and prevent some family from suffering a terrible tragedy, that it was an extremely valuable lesson learned at very low cost. I'm sure that the driver in question is a nice person and I'm thankful that he will never be haunted by an accident every time he starts his car.

Be smart....stay safe,

PS Mozhacker.......we have never met and I assume we are separated by half of the continent.
Old 03-24-2004, 05:45 PM
mozhacker
Instructor

Fred - my error. I met a Fred on a drive this weekend that was wearing what I could swear was a shirt that said the same thing on your sig - Wait for Me racing.
Old 03-24-2004, 08:50 PM
Toreador
Menace to Society
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Any of you laying into Peter for "street racing" back off!!
I know Peter, and he isn't the steet racing type, so get to know the guy before bashing him.
Also, last I checked this is the Porsche forum not the Safety **** forum so maybe you are lost?
Old 03-24-2004, 09:42 PM
silver996
Instructor

The Safety **** Forum, hahah, you're right, some of the comments are downright ironic given the nature of this site
Old 03-24-2004, 09:45 PM
Scouser
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gee. Coming in late on this thread. It reads heavy as hell man.

Anyway. the main thing is Pete you got your car back and looks like you
got off with a small kick up the but. You can handle that

Good to hear your back on the road.
Old 03-25-2004, 03:02 AM
chitownbob
Racer

I lost a friend several years ago when a couple kids decides to go street racing after watching the fast and the furious. He was pulling out of a McDonalds when one car T-Boned him at about 75 mph. The crash was so bad that it was a closed casket funeral. Long story short, street racing is a very sensitive spot for me. I apologize for voicing such a strong opinion but when I read the initial post, it looked like there was a race going on and the question posed was the best way to avoid the penalty. If I interpreted it wrong, my apologies but was not my impression.

Bob
Old 03-25-2004, 05:22 AM
mozhacker
Instructor

You know, the irony here is that despite some broad ranges of opinions, we're most likely all pretty aware and good drivers - so the accident the majority of us will be involved in the future is some idiot in an SUV cutting us off in gridlock traffic or the man trimming his beard / woman doing her makeup rear ending us at 15 mph.
Old 03-25-2004, 09:10 AM
bet
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by mozhacker
You know, the irony here is that despite some broad ranges of opinions, we're most likely all pretty aware and good drivers - so the accident the majority of us will be involved in the future is some idiot in an SUV cutting us off in gridlock traffic or the man trimming his beard / woman doing her makeup rear ending us at 15 mph.
You forgot to mention the cell phone using idiots that can do all the above and more becuase they are not paying attention to their driving

whoops sorry rant off
Old 03-25-2004, 10:58 AM
Gretch
Range Master
Pepsie Lite
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1,235 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally posted by chitownbob
I lost a friend several years ago when a couple kids decides to go street racing after watching the fast and the furious. He was pulling out of a McDonalds when one car T-Boned him at about 75 mph. The crash was so bad that it was a closed casket funeral. Long story short, street racing is a very sensitive spot for me. I apologize for voicing such a strong opinion but when I read the initial post, it looked like there was a race going on and the question posed was the best way to avoid the penalty. If I interpreted it wrong, my apologies but was not my impression.

Bob
Nice stand down and explanation chitownbob........Takes a man to do it. I have good friends who are cops and see a lot of ugly stuff, but they are real people too, and suffer from the few cops who are real control freak jerks.

Looks like you are perhaps the former rather than the latter......

Quick Reply: Street Racing Ticket update