996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Vegas to Santa Barbara. Best Route?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 12:15 PM
996cabinVegas
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Vegas to Santa Barbara. Best Route?

Hi Folks,

I am heading to Santa Barbara for the weekend, leaving tomorrow morning. I am looking for some guidance on the best route to find some nice roads. As you may or may not know, owning a P-car in Vegas is a huge tease. There are really no runs like any of the canyons or the Crest down in LA, with very few exceptions.

I am going to avoid heading too far toward LA, and am planning on heading through the desert north of LA. I know I want to head to Ojai on the way in and out of SB. But, other than poring over maps and guessing which towns to hop between (which is fun in its own right), I thought I'd ask for some advice. I think there may even be a way to drive the north side of the Crest complex, without getting too close to town.

Please advise with any suggestions on a nice route, and any advice on the density of the legal fleet. I have a V-1, but have no idea of what to expect on the potential routes.

TIA,
JD
Old 03-25-2004, 12:30 PM
CLL ACAB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a bit of a short-cut. I assume that you are going to take I-15 to Highway 138 and then over to the 14. If you do, about 15 miles before you get to the 138 off of I-15 you will come to the Palmdale Ave exit. Take this exit and head West. It runs into the 138 after about 30 miles and saves you 15-20 minutes.

If yoy want to email me a number, I can call you when I get home tonight and give you some additional route ideas.

Dave
dmosesson@adelphia.net

Quick Reply: Vegas to Santa Barbara. Best Route?