PCCM+ problems - automatic volume increase / nav display on OBC

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2020, 08:03 AM
Mikołaj
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default PCCM+ problems - automatic volume increase / nav display on OBC

Hello gents,

my car is 996.2 which came out in 2001 with factory Bose, PCM1 (incl. navigation) and phone. I have read all available PCCM+ threads in the internet

Installation was almost P&P, except of adapter for the factory amplifier (well known problem - white noise and too high volume gain). In my case adapter was delivered by Porsche, as I report problem with white noise and too high volume gain, after installation.

Afterwards, I report 2 other problems - maybe some of you, already solved them:

1) automatic volume increase when you accelerate and there is noise increase in the interior - in my case doesn't work (was working with old PCM1) - can anyone confirm that it works in his 996 with PCCM+?

2) nav display on cluster - my car has an OBC, moreover was factory equipped with the navigation - when PIWIS is connected in Porsche Centre they said that they only see Cruise Control option; no audio, no nav annoucments

Pic of the nav announcement on the PCCM+ dispaly (on top) and on the cluster (bottom) - this is how it should looks like, in my case doesn't work

I would be grateful for any tips, thanks!

Last edited by Mikołaj; 11-13-2020 at 08:25 AM. Reason: adding info
Old 11-13-2020, 04:37 PM
mffarrell
Drifting

Received 251 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikołaj
Hello gents,

my car is 996.2 which came out in 2001 with factory Bose, PCM1 (incl. navigation) and phone. I have read all available PCCM+ threads in the internet

Installation was almost P&P, except of adapter for the factory amplifier (well known problem - white noise and too high volume gain). In my case adapter was delivered by Porsche, as I report problem with white noise and too high volume gain, after installation.

Afterwards, I report 2 other problems - maybe some of you, already solved them:

1) automatic volume increase when you accelerate and there is noise increase in the interior - in my case doesn't work (was working with old PCM1) - can anyone confirm that it works in his 996 with PCCM+?

2) nav display on cluster - my car has an OBC, moreover was factory equipped with the navigation - when PIWIS is connected in Porsche Centre they said that they only see Cruise Control option; no audio, no nav annoucments

Pic of the nav announcement on the PCCM+ dispaly (on top) and on the cluster (bottom) - this is how it should looks like, in my case doesn't work

I would be grateful for any tips, thanks!
The miles and Km being the same is a known software bug.
Old 11-13-2020, 04:41 PM
Mikołaj
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mffarrell
The miles and Km being the same is a known software bug.
This pic is just an example of nav guidance on the cluster. Km/mls thanks god is not my problem, we are using km in Europe.
Old 11-13-2020, 05:22 PM
mffarrell
Drifting

Received 251 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikołaj
This pic is just an example of nav guidance on the cluster. Km/mls thanks god is not my problem, we are using km in Europe.
Yes, over in the US I am not sure we have the problem. But, I know in the UK miles/hr on the radio displays numerically the same but in km in the instrument cluster.

Last edited by mffarrell; 11-13-2020 at 05:24 PM.

Quick Reply: PCCM+ problems - automatic volume increase / nav display on OBC