Sponsored by:

Does your 911 also ... ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2020, 04:06 AM
AlexKislov
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by triggz82
The brake issue seems to be common among most 996 owners especially if your other car is a more modern car. It takes more pressure, but work very well. Creaky interior... the newest 996's are 15 years old... and the interior has a ton of cheap plastic. I think 4/5 could be alignment/suspension/tire issues. Did you get an alignment after installing the B6s?

I've never seen a 996 with the techart widebody kit though which is the coolest part. Is it a real kit or replica and did you buy it like that? I don't think your pictures do it justice. The kit looks like it was big $$$ back in the day.

https://www.vividracing.com/techart-...4-p-13415.html
The alignment is mandatory after suspension mods of course it's done.

The body kit does not seem to be a replica. The quality of panels, edges and overall impression tells me that it's original but I've bought it as is.
And yes it was a big dollar car some time ago.

Some interior photos:

Old 05-12-2020, 09:47 AM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 339 Likes on 245 Posts

Too bad it's automatic.
Old 05-12-2020, 11:59 AM
triggz82
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

Wow - the interior looks amazing. I've been pondering some more alcantara in my interior and this helps! I would have never thought it would look so good on the lower dash/glove box area. The shifter looks classy too.
Old 05-12-2020, 03:26 PM
MikeinBloomfield
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

My car gets light at triple digits, but I've got 19s, is lowered and on PSS10s so I don't really feel like I'm smart enough to figure out what the issue is and how to fix it.

I would look into your brake issues. The brakes on my car are one of the best things about it. Total confidence, I can break really heavily and the car stays on track. I really can't say that the pedal is stiffer than any other car I've driven. Maybe you've got an issue with your booster.
Old 05-12-2020, 04:26 PM
AlexKislov
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeinBloomfield
My car gets light at triple digits, but I've got 19s, is lowered and on PSS10s so I don't really feel like I'm smart enough to figure out what the issue is and how to fix it.

I would look into your brake issues. The brakes on my car are one of the best things about it. Total confidence, I can break really heavily and the car stays on track. I really can't say that the pedal is stiffer than any other car I've driven. Maybe you've got an issue with your booster.
Or you have GT2 master cylinder installed
Old 05-13-2020, 12:56 AM
Looneybin
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

My car has a GT3 TEK front lip and factory side skirts and I’ve noticed that over 100 it settles in and doesn’t float, and feels firmly planted, but under 90, the front end does get light

Quick Reply: Does your 911 also ... ?