Sponsored by:

Girodisc Brake Pads Grinding

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2020, 03:44 PM
AA717driver
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Girodisc Brake Pads Grinding

Disclaimer: I installed new pads on my C63 but I came here because you all are so knowledgeable and I got nothing from the C63 forum. And, brakes are brakes, right?

I have Girodisc pads and rotors. I swapped out the old pads for new Girodisc pads. Straightforward install—in fact, the rears went on easily. Now, after a few miles and a dozen brake applications, I get a grinding sound when stopping from like 5-10 mph to 0. I set the parking brake and pump the brakes a couple times and it goes away for a couple of stops then it’s back.

i didn’t bed the pads per Girodisc recommendation.

The performance otherwise is flawless. Any ideas?

Thanks all!

TC
Old 04-21-2020, 05:03 PM
jobyt
Pro

Received 307 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by AA717driver
Disclaimer: I installed new pads on my C63 but I came here because you all are so knowledgeable and I got nothing from the C63 forum. And, brakes are brakes, right?

I have Girodisc pads and rotors. I swapped out the old pads for new Girodisc pads. Straightforward install—in fact, the rears went on easily. Now, after a few miles and a dozen brake applications, I get a grinding sound when stopping from like 5-10 mph to 0. I set the parking brake and pump the brakes a couple times and it goes away for a couple of stops then it’s back.

i didn’t bed the pads per Girodisc recommendation.

The performance otherwise is flawless. Any ideas?

Thanks all!

TC
Did you push the pistons back into the calipers before installing the pads? The pads might be dragging from self adjusting for wear on the old pads/discs.
Old 04-21-2020, 06:55 PM
AA717driver
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

Yes but I had to play whack-a-mole to get them to fit. When I pushed one in too far another would pop out and block the pad.

TC

Quick Reply: Girodisc Brake Pads Grinding