Oil Level Check Failure - Cluster issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2020, 02:42 PM
sparticle
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Oil Level Check Failure - Cluster issue

Hi,

We have a 2002 C2 Tip Cab that is our current project car. It had suffered a mishap from the previous owner. He connected 24V to it in reverse!

We have replaced many things. Currently the only light we have is the airbag light as we have not taken it to be plugged in since replacing all the window motors.

The DME is showing P0126 Barometric Pressure Reading (We believe this is a solid state sensor on the mainboard in the DME so may need to replace that at some point. vehicle starts and runs perfectly sweet and is great to drive no tip issues. We believe the system will default to Sea Level and we live pretty much at sea level in the UK.

The Cluster is showing Oil Level Check Failure on first start up. The sensor and wiring have been continuity and voltage checked and seem ok. So this looks like a fault in the cluster as the sensor is wired directly to the cluster and does not use the CANBUS to send data.

Does anyone know if the cluster can be repaired and if so by who?

If not does anyone know what the rules might be in replacing the cluster with a cluster from a breaker? A new one would be uneconomical.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers
Spart
Old 04-07-2020, 03:47 PM
DBJoe996
Rennlist Member

Received 1,185 Likes on 758 Posts

What? P0126 is related to coolant temperature. I know of NO DME barometric pressure reading, and it doesn't seem plausible.
Check here: https://www.carobdcodes.com/porsche-...peration.shtml
The cluster stores the mileage. If you replace it with one from a "breaker", you will lose your mileage. Try Pedros Garage for cluster repairs.
Old 04-08-2020, 05:12 AM
sparticle
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DBJoe996
What? P0126 is related to coolant temperature. I know of NO DME barometric pressure reading, and it doesn't seem plausible.
Check here: https://www.carobdcodes.com/porsche-...peration.shtml
The cluster stores the mileage. If you replace it with one from a "breaker", you will lose your mileage. Try Pedros Garage for cluster repairs.
Sorry, my bad I remembered the code incorrectly. P0129 - Ambient Pressure Sensor - Below Limit

Cheers
Spart

Quick Reply: Oil Level Check Failure - Cluster issue