Sponsored by:

Door glass adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2020, 08:01 PM
Gregs04.5
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Door glass adjustment

I've searched through the forum and found some of the answers, but have some questions as well.
What I've got is the drivers door glass touches the rear glass at the top, the pass side has a nice even gap.
I've read there are two adjustment found at the bottom of the door, does anyone which adjustment moves the glass which way, or is there a chart out there somewhere?

TIA, Greg
Old 03-20-2020, 08:31 PM
steam_mill
Burning Brakes

Received 290 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by gregs04.5
I've searched through the forum and found some of the answers, but have some questions as well.
What I've got is the drivers door glass touches the rear glass at the top, the pass side has a nice even gap.
I've read there are two adjustment found at the bottom of the door, does anyone which adjustment moves the glass which way, or is there a chart out there somewhere?

TIA, Greg
had this issue, the adjusment at the bottom provided just enough adjustment to clear the top. Those adjusters are for tilt. The correct adjuster require thr door panel to come off.
Old 03-21-2020, 03:17 AM
Bash Hat
Three Wheelin'

Received 416 Likes on 195 Posts

Can you elaborate? I have the same issue. Top corner rear door glass very slightly touches the top front corner of the quarter window. Binds sometimes.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:55 AM
DBJoe996
Rennlist Member

Received 1,198 Likes on 767 Posts

The two under the door bolts adjust the overall tilt of the window, basically how much pressure the window glass seats against the door seal. In order to adjust the edge of the glass against the rear window you have to pull the door card (panel) in order to adjust the window glass as it sits in the two cradles that hold the window glass. Once accessed, you loosen the two bolts that hold the window glass in the window regulator cradles and then you can do fore and aft adjustments, and also can make adjustments to the forward and backward tilt of the window glass. The window glass rear edge, in full upright position, should be exactly parallel to the rear quarter window with a spacing of approximately 1/4 inch. If you have ever replaced your window regulator you know what I'm talking about. It is almost an art to get the window glass back into correct position. Best to mark the window glass with a sharpie pen before removing the glass to replace the window regulator, and that includes the location of the position of the bottom bolts.
Old 03-22-2020, 01:21 AM
SleepyCyclist
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 124 Posts
Default window adjustments

Like DBJoe said - to adjust fore/aft, need to take the door card off.

Had the same problem - when opening passenger door, window dropped like it should, but would make a bit of contact with rear quarter window. Excessive wind noise on passenger side also favored fore/aft alignment issue.

Door card off - lots of guides for this.

Carefully remove liner so can reuse it.

Here's the forward clamp. Loosen both and slide just a bit forward. Tighten and check alignment. You can see one of the screws accessible from the bottom of the door here - these are for tilt and closing pressure on the door seal.

Here's my final position - corner just slightly forward of the clamp.

Hope this helps, M

Last edited by SleepyCyclist; 04-13-2020 at 07:25 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Superwooter (03-23-2020)
Old 03-22-2020, 01:45 AM
Gregs04.5
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

That is a tremendous help, thank you very much.
I've read a lot here that when this happens, it's time to replace the regulator, I think i'll do that while I have the door off, in hopes that I'll never have to adjust again.

Thanks, Greg
Old 03-22-2020, 08:09 PM
dan_189
Race Car

Received 141 Likes on 124 Posts

Had this same issue and I didn't adjust the driver/passenger window I adjusted the rear window (coupe). For me it was unlikely that the drivers window had moved it was the rear

It too has adjustments that can be made to it as well.

Quick Reply: Door glass adjustment